“Good for IGH members” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Auckland

You added Crowne Plaza Auckland to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Auckland
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   128 Albert St | P.O. Box 6841, Auckland 1030, New Zealand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% Off.
Ranked #11 of 68 Hotels in Auckland
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Good for IGH members”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

good location. close to sky tower and walkable to queen street. breakfast was average. club is very good. accesible to many restaurants and also to the food court in the mall attached to the hotel. checking was easy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear RajeevGollap,

THANK YOU for your 4 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a good stay with us and found our location perfect for your purpose of travel. I'm delighted to read you loved our Club room and the facilities/ benefits which come with it. However, I am a little disappointed that we were not able to impress you with our breakfast offering. I'm positive you will change your view next time as we are currently working on our Club Lounge breakfast offering :)

I look forward to welcome you in the near future and give us a 5 star review.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Become member of IHG Rewards Club: extra checkout time @ every stay!

Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Had a couple of nights here at the beginning of our holiday. It was a quality hotel with very helpful and friendly service across the board. Rooms were modern, clean and comfortable. The full buffet breakfast was extensive with gluten free options available.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Altaboy73,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a great start with us to your holidays. Our Chef and his team will be delighted to see you loved our breakfast offering including our Gluten free options. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team's helpfulness and friendliness - Its a real motivator!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Quality and Fun!!
Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We have stayed in the Crown Plaza many times and have been very satisfied. This time was not quite as good. The beds were good but that's all. I think that they have taken the old mattress from the better rooms and put them on the in the lower rooms. The toilet doors were creaking when closing. Come on Crown Plaza a little bit more maintenance needed. Don't let your standards slip. Everything else was fine.

Room Tip: Just pay a little more for the better rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DRK042,

Thank you for your 4 star review! Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused during your stay. I'm disappointed to read that your stay was not as good as your previous ones with us. Please get in touch with me when you plan your next visit and I'm positive you will give us a 5 star review.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - We Value your comments!
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We just spent 3 nights at the hotel and had a fabulous time. The room was clean and spacious, with plenty of space for all our luggage on the large luggage bench in the room. We had 2 queen beds - very comfortable with a choice of pillows. It was my husband, myself and our son - when checking in, our room had the standard 2 tea cups and glasses, by the next morning (without us asking) we had an extra cup and glass provided - we really appreciated that. We had breakfast in the hotel twice - a great choice of food, and super service. After such a good dinner the first night, my son and husband insisted on having dinner there the next 2 nights - they ordered the same steaks each night - my 11 year old is not a big eater, but devoured his steak. The food was really excellent, and the service was fabulous - we were so well looked. Nothing was a problem here, from our request for a slightly later checkout, to concierge assistance in tracking down an item my husband was looking to buy. This a is super hotel - although it is part of a big chain it certainly had a small hotel charm - will definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Siggy66,

WOW!! A HUGE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review! I'm delighted to read you and your family loved every aspect of your stay from check in to check out. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team anticipating your needs and our ARIA restaurant food, Our Executive chef and his team will be thrilled to see your comments. Guest service is our number 1 priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right. I will make sure all the team see your review - it is a real motivator.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Every day a new reason to smile!
hamilton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed just the one night, booked via hotels .com. Great room with wonderful views and clean. soooooo comfortable beds, best that we have stayed in in a hotel :)
Only major downer was the room temperature....far too hot and the air conditioning didn't work.
Hopefully that was only a minor hiccup and they have sorted out the problem by now, Would certainly recommend.

Room Tip: get a room on the upper floors, better views and quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sarah W,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 4 star review! I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with us. Yes, our beds are great to the extent that I could not resist and I got one myself :) Please accept my sincere apologies regarding your room temperature only if we were able to get that right we could have had another star! I will use your review as an example of how we could have made it happen for you.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Where the beds are soft and the coffee strong!
Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location if you are in the city for a show at the Aotea Centre. Room was very clean and comfortable. Large bathroom with separate shower. Excellent food in the restaurant. Will definitely stay here when next in Auckland.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear colbe_11,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with us and found our hotel perfect for your purpose of travel. Yes, we are located at the centre of all entertainment. Thank you for your kind words regarding our Aria restaurant food. Our Executive Chef and his team will be delighted to see your review. THANK YOU!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Your exploration base!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Room is in need for upgrading. Look abit dated. Bed is comfortable. Service provided by all staff are excellent especially the front office and the bell boys. Location unbeatable. Walking distance to main shopping street.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cara P,

THANK YOU for your 4 star review of the Hotel. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be a good base for exploring the City. I am delighted to read we were able to win you over with our team's customer service and our hospitality. Guest service is our number 1 priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right. I will make sure all the team see your kind words.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Our hospitality is addictive!!