“A good mid range hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Auckland

You added Crowne Plaza Auckland to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Auckland
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   128 Albert St | P.O. Box 6841, Auckland 1030, New Zealand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Auckland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“A good mid range hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

A family break whilst touring New Zealand and my brother chose the hotel, normally we stay in the Intercontinental range of hotels.
Centrally located, surprisingly very large room on the 16th floor, with a decent bar and lounge.Although we did not eat hear the menu seemed reasonable.
The hotel was very busy, which is a good sign and overall we were quite impressed with the whole package.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear gordondixon,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 4 star review. I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with us whilst touring New Zealand and I'm glad your brother chose the right hotel for you in Auckland, One which has large room, with a decent bar and lounge and reasonably priced menu. Surely he has great taste :)
We are very lucky with our location as we definitely have everything at our doorstep in Auckland, ranging from Shopping to Dining and Going Out.
Yes, we are a busy hotel however we always make sure we look after our guests like family.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Your Home away from Home!!
E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were comfortable and quiet. Reception staff was friendly and very helpful. Wifi is free if you register in their rewards program but it takes a little while to get the system updated (I'm talking maybe an hour). Reception staff was helpful and friendly.
The hotel offers good value for money but the restaurant, although tasty, was extremely expensive. There are plenty of good options for dining walking distance from the hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear MJ P,

Thank you for your great 4 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a good stay with us and found our rooms quiet and comfortable. Thank you for your kind words regarding our friendly and helpful team. Congratulations on joining our IHG Rewards loyalty program. Look out for exclusive offers for IHG Rewards members- Its worth it!!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - For couples, families and friends!
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I choose Crowne Plaza every time I visit Auckland. It is a great location, very spacious and comfortable rooms, and the best bed I have ever slept in! Always a smooth and quick check in/out with helpful lovely staff. Added bonus if you can get breakfast included. Close to all shops and restaurants and the airport bus stops super close. Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear TheGunthers,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review! I'm pleased to read that Crowne Plaza Auckland is your first choice hotel in Auckland. Thank you for your kind words regarding the lovely helpful team. I completely agree with your comments regarding our beds, they are really comfortable it is so good that I have bought one!
Guest service is our number one priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right! Thank you for recommending us!!

I look forward to welcome you soon.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Your favorite place in Auckland!!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Comfortable room, nice and clean. Excellent location. We really enjoyed our stay there. Within walking distance to most places in town. Staff were very helpful. Would definitely stay again if we do come to Auckland. Car park handy too and not too expensive.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Bluegreenred,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 4 star review! I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location perfect to suit your purpose of travel. Thank you for your kind words regarding our helpful team. I will for sure share your comments with the team - Its a real motivator!!
Feel free to contact to let me know what we could do to move you to a 5 Star review.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Lovely hotel in great location!!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a very central location.

It is clean, comfortable and more than adequate for your needs.

It is a little dated in parts as mentioned in other reviews, but this does not really impact your stay.

I ate breakfast in the restaurant which was good albeit a little expensive.

Staff were curious and helpful.

You have to pay for internet access after the first 30 minutes. I always find hotels with a charging internet policy a little annoying, especially since this one serms to have a lot of guests staying on business trips.

Not a stand out star hotel, but a good solid one with no complaints.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for two nights to start off our NZ tour and this hotel was great! Our room was quiet, clean, and we could see the Sky Tower our of our window. We only ate breakfast in the lobby resteraunt but it was good. The bed was comfortable and lots of tv options as well. The only downside was that they charge for internet. For the price I feel it should have been included.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lowcawki,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 4 star review. What better way than to start your NZ tour with us! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we love it when you have a great stay with us.
I'm thrilled to read you were able to relax in our quiet clean room on our comfortable beds. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team and breakfast. I will share your comments with the team - Its a real motivator!
Currently we offer complimentary internet to all our IHG rewards member worldwide - Easy to join and enjoy all the benefits which comes with it.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Worth It!!
NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Very clean and quiet hotel. We had a room overlooking the Domain and city but with little road noise. Centrally located and an easy walk to movies, theatre and restaurants; although the western side of the city is pretty quiet week nights.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you are driving you can park in the general parking area underneath then take a lift up to recept...