“Lovely hotel in great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Auckland

You added Crowne Plaza Auckland to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Auckland
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   128 Albert St | P.O. Box 6841, Auckland 1030, New Zealand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Exclusive:25% Off
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Auckland
“Lovely hotel in great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Comfortable room, nice and clean. Excellent location. We really enjoyed our stay there. Within walking distance to most places in town. Staff were very helpful. Would definitely stay again if we do come to Auckland. Car park handy too and not too expensive.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Bluegreenred,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 4 star review! I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location perfect to suit your purpose of travel. Thank you for your kind words regarding our helpful team. I will for sure share your comments with the team - Its a real motivator!!
Feel free to contact to let me know what we could do to move you to a 5 Star review.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Lovely hotel in great location!!
E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a very central location.

It is clean, comfortable and more than adequate for your needs.

It is a little dated in parts as mentioned in other reviews, but this does not really impact your stay.

I ate breakfast in the restaurant which was good albeit a little expensive.

Staff were curious and helpful.

You have to pay for internet access after the first 30 minutes. I always find hotels with a charging internet policy a little annoying, especially since this one serms to have a lot of guests staying on business trips.

Not a stand out star hotel, but a good solid one with no complaints.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for two nights to start off our NZ tour and this hotel was great! Our room was quiet, clean, and we could see the Sky Tower our of our window. We only ate breakfast in the lobby resteraunt but it was good. The bed was comfortable and lots of tv options as well. The only downside was that they charge for internet. For the price I feel it should have been included.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lowcawki,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 4 star review. What better way than to start your NZ tour with us! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we love it when you have a great stay with us.
I'm thrilled to read you were able to relax in our quiet clean room on our comfortable beds. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team and breakfast. I will share your comments with the team - Its a real motivator!
Currently we offer complimentary internet to all our IHG rewards member worldwide - Easy to join and enjoy all the benefits which comes with it.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Worth It!!
NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Very clean and quiet hotel. We had a room overlooking the Domain and city but with little road noise. Centrally located and an easy walk to movies, theatre and restaurants; although the western side of the city is pretty quiet week nights.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you are driving you can park in the general parking area underneath then take a lift up to recept...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear miasma,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and you found our hotel perfect place to explore the city. I'm delighted to read that we are among the few hotels where everything is real!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Where its all Real!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I'm in the hotel right now. Four of us in two adjacent rooms on the 22nd floor.

The rooms are exactly like the photo at the top of the reviews - big, well furnished and comfortable. The 2 queen size beds in each room are the best I've slept in (better than home), they seem to have a very soft mattress cover.

Room, bathroom and all public areas are well designed, well detailed and spotless. We face the front street and the view is of another hotel opposite - I guess rooms on the other side get a long distance view.

The hotel entrance is also the entrance to a small shopping mall - must explore that sometime.

Reception was very efficient and helpful, although, in error, they had reserved 4 rooms when we only reserved and had confirmed two. They were glad to have the 2 spare as they were fully booked and now had more available.

Breakfast is a three tier system:-
Highest price is for the full works including cooked food (a full english to us poms). This reduces to a 'deal' price of 25D if you ask for this for your full stay, but you'll be charged this even if you miss some breakfasts.
Next is the 'continental' buffet - very good.
Lowest is an 'express' breakfast which is coffee and toast.

All served in a well designed and detailed dining room, with pleasant, attentive but not overpowering staff. Look out for the honey on the buffet table!

The guests' laundry room on floor 17 is a bonus - help yourself to soap powder and machines need a 2 dollar coin to work washer and dryer.

We have inclusive wi fi (sometimes slow) because one of us was a past guest in another of the group's hotels. Actually we were all guests at that hotel, in Toronto, but this one settled the bill!

Great hotel, great location in a great city.

Stayed February 2014
Dear nuf_said_11,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review!! I'm pleased to read you are having a fantastic stay with us. Great to hear that you found our bed better than home- Thats a huge compliment for us!

Thank you for your kind words regarding the cleanliness of our rooms and our team were efficient and helpful to put your reservation right. I'm glad to read that you were informed regarding our breakfast choices and thank you explaining in detail which will be useful for other readers. My restaurant team will be delighted to read your comments- its a real motivator!

I'm glad you liked all our small touches we offer like the guest laundry on 17th floor, Gym on 12th floor and more…

I look forward to welcome you and your friends in the near future.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Great hotel, Great location in a Great city - by nuf_said_11
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The Crowne Plaza Auckland was a nice location to be at if you just wanted to walk around the city area. Sky Tower was a block away and we had a great view from our room. Located in the bottom floor was a food court where we ate at twice. The rooms were clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Good place to stay.

Stayed January 2014
Dear SCsketcher,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with as and you found our hotel to be base to explore the city. Thank you for your kind word regarding our friendly and helpful team. Next time around I highly recommend to try our Aria restaurant and I'm positive you will love it.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Location! Location!! Location!!!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I contacted the hotel prior to my arrival to ask for advice for transportation as this was my first trip to New Zealand and with arrival at 12:45 a.m. I didn't want to hire (rent) a car after the long flight from the states. The hotel staff quickly responded to my email and arranged a taxi to pick us up at the airport. The driver was waiting for us as at the airport at the Customs exit. The hotel room was spacious, affordable, and super clean. The beds were extremely comfortable and the views weren't bad. We did have to wait to get on the elevator to get back to our room one night when a big tour group arrived, but luckily jumped the line to fit on one with the travel group. The on-site laundry, with complementary laundry detergent, was very convenient and easy to use and certainly beat trying to locate a laundromat. The location of the hotel is excellent as it is only a few blocks to the harbor and Viaduct. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Hbracker,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review!! I'm thrilled to read you had an fantastic stay with us and found our hotel to be a good base to exploring the city and New Zealand. I'm really pleased to read you had a great arrival experience, Also you loved all our small touches we offer! Please accept my apologies for the small wait for elevators on one night during your stay.
Thank you for recommending us to be your first choice in Auckland!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - A very cosy corner between NZ and your heart!
E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Been to Crowne Plaza Auckland? Share your experiences!