Arrived here late for one night stay prior to catching a cruise. Booked a room with two queen beds to accommodate us and our adult son.
Room and bathroom were clean but small, basic and fairly depressing.
We ordered room service food as it was late & we were hungry. Our son ate his entire pizza but then he'd eat anything especially when he's hungry. Our toasted sandwich & pizza were, quite simply, ghastly. Our son ate his meal at the desk which took up the only place to eat. We had to eat ours on the bed after laying out the napkins. Why accept a booking for three in a room which does not have the space to accommodate them. I can imagine that one person in that room might be reasonably comfortable but any more would find it too small and ill equipped.
Wardrobe space only suitable for one. Three people going on a cruise? Forget it!
Bed was probably worst I've ever slept on, far too soft unless you are sleeping alone, had a really bad nights sleep.
In desperate need of coffee in the morning we found only two meager sachets of coffee, despite the room supposedly being prepared for three. Husband & I shared our mug of coffee.
As IHG platinum members we were very disappointed with the under-whelming room we were given and the general basic facilities.
On arrival by private hire car our driver had to find a trolley, unload our luggage and wheel it in to reception to be greeted by two staff members who hadn't attempted to help.
Trying to get our luggage collected the next morning was equally problematic so we brought our own cases down. Concierge is utterly useless, calling a cab large enough for our luggage was beyond their capability, again we dragged our own luggage out front and found our own cab.
Would we stay here again? Not even if they offered us a free night!
How would I fix this hotel? I would sack the entire management & do a refurb.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Crowne Plaza Auckland Hotel
- Auckland Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Auckland New Zealand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Auckland s business district, above the Atrium on Elliott shopping complex and just a few minutes walk from The Edge Entertainment Centre, Sky City and Queen Street s golden mile, Crowne Plaza Auckland is the ideal base when visiting the city of sails. With 13 floors of accommodation including the Crowne Plaza Club, a choice of 10 meeting rooms offering 14 configurations plus several dining and relaxation options, we can provide for all your business hotel requirements. Crowne Plaza Auckland is truly The Place To Meet . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.