Crown Plaza continually manages to ruin my business trips. Firstly on a positive note, the hotel in Auckland is well situated and the rooms are large with a great view. The beds are good quality and the hotel facilities are adequate. Housekeeping were excellent.The concierge desk was well staffed and they couldn't have been more helpful. Excellent work from them. Their best concierge employee was leaving to move to Crown Plaza Gold Coast which will be a bonus for them as that is still the worst hotel Ive stayed at. (see earlier review CP Surfers Paradise) The bathrooms are clean but tiny like Holiday Inns with nowhere to put your toiletries on the basin. The business suit on level 14 was very basic. The restaurant served a great variety on the menu but the food was bland and over priced. The waiters were friendly. Breakfast was very good and fresh.
Now the negatives....checkin staff were unhelpful and not very knowledgeable of hotel facilities or the internet options which is a shame since this is a business persons hotel. I asked for the 24 hour 1GB internet option which lasts for as long as you stay or until you use the 24hrs allocated to use. They got this wrong and gave me the 24hour 2GB option which expires after 24hrs. Therefore i had to request another 24hours. When it came to paying the bill i had to dispute this as they hadn't given me what I asked for in the first place. They didn't seem to understand until I explained it inn detail to them. So they knocked $10 whole dollars off the bill. I wasted 20mins debating to save $10. Waste of my time. The room key cancelled itself after 3 days so I had to go back and get another one. They had the bill in the wrong name and charged me twice for dinner. Once when i paid on my card and again on the bill. Front desk staff at a few of the Crown Plaza's I have had to stay at for work have been less than helpful or knowledgeable. It is a shame as they are the face of the hotel and don't leave me with the confidence to choose Crown Plaza for my holidays. There were a few other issues of minor importance but they leave a sour taste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Auckland s business district, above the Atrium on Elliott shopping complex and just a few minutes walk from The Edge Entertainment Centre, Sky City and Queen Street s golden mile, Crowne Plaza Auckland is the ideal base when visiting the city of sails. With 13 floors of accommodation including the Crowne Plaza Club, a choice of 10 meeting rooms offering 14 configurations plus several dining and relaxation options, we can provide for all your business hotel requirements. Crowne Plaza Auckland is truly The Place To Meet . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Auckland New Zealand