“great value for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Auckland

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Auckland to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Auckland
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   128 Albert St | P.O. Box 6841, Auckland 1030, New Zealand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Get Up to 35% Off
Ranked #14 of 76 Hotels in Auckland
Melbourne, Australia
“great value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

it nice place to stay in short term,good value money also great area right on the central down town of Auckland,shopping and eatery right down stairs in the mall,handy to catch public transport to Onehunga(outlet mall) and Sky city casino,or walking down to Queens st and only takes few minute to Aoetaroa square park

Room Tip: get booking in advance and try to get higher up level
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
NZIHG, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Chandrsari,

Thank you for the great review!

We are thrilled that your stay here at the Crowne Plaza Auckland was perfect for your travel needs and made for a successful stay in Auckland City. The location of the hotel is certainly great for guests who want to be in the midst of all that the city has to offer. We hope you enjoyed visiting all the sights and attractions in Auckland. There is always something new to see and do in Auckland and our concierge team are on hand for recommendations during your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the City Of Sails and having you stay with us again.

Crowne Plaza Auckland Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had spent 2 weeks travelling around NZ in our own car, and decided to have 2 last nights right in the centre of Auckland - what a great choice we made!
The room was spacious and comfortable - plenty of room for us and our 10 year old.
We loved the glass elevated going up to our 25th level room.
The restaurant was pleasant, and good quite good - although my husband's steak could have been cooked better.
There was limited free WiFi available in our room, and the café next door also had free WiFi.
We had been very active in the 2 weeks before this stay - so it was nice just to take it easy - there is a great spa/salon directly opposite and my husband had a massage and I had a facial.
We wouldn't normally sit in hotel rooms, but our son enjoyed the 24hours of unlimited movies for $26 (normally $15-$16 per movie)
Staff were friendly and helpful
We had booked and paid for this stay before we left Australia - so the room rate was excellent

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
NZIHG, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Crowne Plaza Auckland.

We are pleased to hear that you were truly satisfied with our very spacious and comfortable rooms. We are thrilled that you had a successful stay with your family and that your son enjoyed the glass elevator and made the most of our unlimited video service. We will certainly pass on your compliments to our Executive Chef regarding the quality of the steak that you ordered. Your comments help us to continuously work harder to ensure we can provide the finest service to our guests.

Once again thank you very much for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Auckland.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed for a week, hotel staff (from concierge, front desk to the breakfast table) are very friendly and always helpful and polite.

Hotel is in a very good location in Auckland. Just next door to the Sky tower, casino, lotsa convenience shop, food and also inner circle bus.
Very clean and spacious room and super comfortable bed!

Highly recommended hotel to stay if you are in Auckland.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
NZIHG, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Auckland and taking time to write this thoughtful review.

We are pleased to know that you are satisfied with our services and facilities.

We will pass your comments on to our service team so that we can do our utmost to provide great service to all guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your stay at Crowne Plaza Auckland.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I'm very sorry, because my english is not so good. I will share my story about luggage key which left in Jakarta, Indonesia when i came to Auckland.

The Resume :
I with my wife and two boys with a group tour Avia Tour from Jakarta, Indonesia, checked in at 5 th august 2013 in the evening, 21.30. That was the first night we were in New Zealand,
When i tried to open the luggage in the room, i was very very surprised.
I Left my luggage key in my home in Jakarta, Indonesia.
I went to the lobby and met your Concierge staff and told him the case.
Your Concierge Staff tried to open and broke the key but could not, because the luggage, Samsonite has hard and Rigid body and built in key.
MS Sherida Vorpahl, Assistant Manager, Concierge, is good manager, she help me and tried to open the key with wire patiently, but could not open too. She tried to looking for keys in the concierge drawer and tried to open with all the keys, nothing match.

I told to her, that the luggage key like a drawer key. She went to the office for a minutes and came out with a number of keys.
Surprised, Thanks God, one of the key match with my luggage.

I was very very happy and hug her and couldnt say anything only thank you thank you ten times i thought.
I was very surprised too, Ms Sherida gave the key to me. I Said how much i must pay for that nearly 40 minutes trying and the key.
She said the key was free because I must need the key during our remain seven days in New Zealand.

Once again I say, very very thank you to Ms Sherida Vorpahl for her help, her attention for me.
And may God Bless Her and Hotel Management, success for you forever.

Regards,
Arifin Wibisana, Jakarta, Indonesia.

Room Tip: Nothing comment because good enough.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
NZIHG, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Arifin,

Thank you for the excellent 5-star review!

We are thrilled to hear that Sherida Vorpahl , our Assistant Manager provided you with exceptional service during your stay. We are excited to read your wonderful comments and thank you for sharing it on Tripadvisor.

We are glad that our staff managed to make your stay an “excellent one”. We will share your feedback with our management & staff.

We are also very pleased to note that your overall stay was great and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

The good... The bed is one of the most comfortable I have had in a hotel in a while, and I found the hotel to be generally pretty quiet. Pleasant room on the 26th floor. In town for a conference, so was very convenient.

The bad... I wasn't sure how clean my room was... I found litter under the foot stool, and some one else's hair on my towels. (Ew.) I would not recommend room service, as I'd never seen cooked green prawns until I stayed here.

Overall, I would stay here again, but would not bother with the food.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback on your recent stay!

I am pleased that you had a restful sleep and enjoyed our great central location - perfect for a successful stay in Auckland City.

We are sorry to read about the problems encountered with the cleanliness of your room. First of all we would like to apologize and to assure you that we have discussed the points you raised with our Operations Manager (Rooms and Food & Beverage). As a result we are confident they will be more vigilant to be sure that this will not be repeated in the future and they will take the necessary steps to continue to improve our service.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and we hope to see you at Crowne Plaza Auckland again in the future.

Taupo, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

i always stay at crowne plaza auckland.
but had a couple of issues one being stuck between 1family either side of our room and every 5 minutes for about 3 hours they were slamming doors which really annoyed me greatly.
and we found the sky tv to be really basic.

Dear stepehn k,

Thank you for your valuable comments which give us an opportunity to evaluate the most important aspect of the guest experience, your comfort of sleep.

Issues such as this do occur from time to time and if it occurs again on your next stay, please let our front desk team know and they will do what they can to address any noise issues.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and be rest assured the next time you return to Auckland, we will ensure your stay is a memorable one.

We hope to see you soon.

Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times, always on the Club floor which represents very good value for money. Spacious high level rooms with good lighting, seating and work space, and a decent sized bathroom with good amenities. Excellent staff. Free evening canapes and drinks are generous and of high quality, as is the free breakfast. There are four lifts in this property, two of which are glassed in on the outside of the building. If you don't like heights, you might have to wait for the inside lift!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Albert St side have a great view of the Casino's guided bungee jump wires - but the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
NZIHG, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear DeekayAdelaide,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us had a successful time in Auckland City. We always strive to accommodate all of our guest needs and we are so pleased we were able to do this for you during your stay.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Crowne Plaza Auckland guest relations

Been to Crowne Plaza Auckland? Share your experiences!