“Black Salt” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Wellington, New Zealand
“Black Salt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Went there first time for a family members birthday. Atmosphere was great, friendly staff and lovely food. Shared the mussel pot and there was heaps for two people, loved it. There was live entertainment as well and the music was great. Would go there again.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Waitakere City, New Zealand
“Past its Use By Date”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We use to come here quite regular, however, have found the food to be overpriced for what you get now.
Quiz night on Wednesday nights are great!!
Dont try and book a big party here though!, staff are highly unorganised when faced with 30 - 40 people!!
I think Black Salt has had its day, its not what it use to be at all which is a shame

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orewa, New Zealand
“fabulous food, friendly staff, great lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We went to lunch in a group, 6 of us. The staff were very friendly, service was prompt but not rushed. The waiter was a little confused over one order, but came back promptly to check he had it correct. The food was delicious, their was a good variety to choose from, every waiter we had, be it drinks or food, was polite but friendly.. One waiter noticed hubby had picked up a non steak knife from the table, meant for one of our other party, the waiter just discreetly came and gave him a steak knife, without being asked. The restaurant itself was spotless, our table was wiped down as soon as we had finished, to make it nice for when we got our coffees The toilets were immaculate.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“A great dinner here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Came here on a Saturday night as my wife wanted some stonegrill meals for dinner. Reservations were easily made over the phone. However, I read quite a few reviews on this place before we came so I was quite apprehensive but we were blown away by how good this place was.

Service - Everyone was polite from the manager all the way down to the waitresses. Prompt and very friendly/helpful. No fault here tonight. One thing that really surprised me was the manager asked one of the waitress whether she needed any help. That really brought my view of their service up a notch. The waitress who served our table was impeccable and offered to bring the eftpos machine to our table to save us the trouble of walking over to the bar.

Food - We ordered 2 stonegrill. I ordered the 400g rump steak with fries and garden salad side (you get 2 sides) while my wife got the seafood meal with mashed potato and steam vegetables. The steak was nicely seasoned while the seafood was fresh. The taste of the mains were great. There was definitely enough to go around. My wife said the size here is bigger than others she have tried but the steak wasn't as tender (might be because others serve other cut of meat).

Value - 63.90 for 2 stonegrill and one beer. Not too bad really.

Atmosphere - Its a bar but wasn't that noisy. The eating area was quite suitable for family/couples.

Overall - Was pleasantly surprised by our night here considering the reviews I have read around the web. I guess they might lack consistency or bad luck perhaps. Based on our night here, it was great.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Auckland
“Worst ever!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I have been here a couple of times for drinks and once for dinner I can honestly say I hate this place. The staff are rude and pretentious we were shunted outside for dinner to eat at the bar seats and we're made to.feel like an inconvenience to the staff the food was way overpriced for the tiny tasteless meal I received. Trying to be ponsonby in new Lynn..Way too snobby!! Never again

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere