“Delicious Malaysian food with great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mamak Malaysian Restaurant

Mamak Malaysian Restaurant
50 Kitchener Street | Chancery Square, Auckland, New Zealand (Formerly Mamak Malaysian Resturant)
+64 9-948 6479
Improve this listing
Ranked #315 of 1,419 Restaurants in Auckland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Delicious Malaysian food with great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2015 NEW

All dish that we ordered was delicious. Good amount of portion for a good value. Had char kway teow , nasi lemak with prawn, curry laksa and the tarik..Everything was delicious , good value for money and big portion which you can eat satisfied.

Visited April 2015

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Nice Malaysian Food in the City Centre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2015

There is a lot of Malaysian Restaurant in Auckland, one of them is Mamak Malaysian Restaurant.
The food were really nice and yummy, we have tried Mee Goreng (Fried Noddle), the Malaysian Traditional Menu Nasi Lemak with Beef and the renowned Roti Chicken Curry Malaysian style.
All were above average, nice dinner treat for us, and worth to visit.
The restaurant is located in the city centre, a bit hiding behind high rise buildings, unless if you walk, using car, on the road parking could be a problem.
Service was good and quick, expect waiting to be seated in the peak dinner time.

• Visited April 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Nice roti canai but too little dhal and sambal sauce to go with.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2015

I always go to this restaurant whenever I'm in Auckland city but on this particular visit (the first time I tried the roti canai) I was a bit disappointed when I saw the amount of sauce that came with it, so I asked for a bit more but even more disappointed when told that it will cost me an extra $2 for more. Definitely not the authentic way to serve/enjoy roti canai in Malaysia.
Next visit I will definitely not going to have roti canai again and won't recommend friends unless their serving portion change. I wish I have taken a photo to show.

Visited April 2015
Auckland, New Zealand
“Really nice Malaysian food – great lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2015

Busy, busy place during lunch hours but you do not have to wait too long for your food, which arrives steaming hot. I had seafood laksa, absolutely full of flavor, as good as it gets. Generous portion sizes. All mains are around 14 NZ dollars, totally worth it. Great place for lunch if you like Asian food.

• Visited April 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“A Great Way to Start a Journey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

Mamak was the first restaurant we ate at after our arrival in Auckland. It was a tad hard to find (it's in a shopping plaza in the city centre), but utterly worth it. We had dumplings and the beef rendang-- both fantastic, and possibly the best meal we had during our two-week sojourn in NZ.

Visited February 2015