“Must do” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bella's Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Auckland
Bella's Bed and Breakfast
33 England Street | Freeman's Bay, Auckland 1011, New Zealand   |
Ranked #1 of 58 Auckland B&B and Inns
Frankfurt, Germany
“Must do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

A very warm welcome in an outstanding bed and breakfast. Doug and Sandra are very helpful and friendly hosts. A very elegant and stylish accommodation for our last 3 days in NZ. It's hard to leave NZ, but it's even harder after our stay at Bella's. We also miss the delicious breakfast and our morning guest "the dog model of NZ" Bella (cutest dog ever seen). Thanks again for your hospitality and we will be back next time we are in NZ.

All the Best,
Alex + Reinhold

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandra S, Owner at Bella's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank You for your review. We know how sad you were to leave NZ however
we know you will be back to discover more of our country. We really enjoyed
having you stay and our conversations over breakfast.

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

The delightful sanctuary that Sandra and Doug have created at Bella's is pure warm-hearted luxury. Having worked as a chief stewardess in the luxury super-yacht industry, I feel that I am suitably qualified to say that their attention to detail and level of care is first class. From the home made fudge and decanter of port, to the divine selection of teas and gourmet breakfast, to the little bottle of 'cheer-up' champagne that Sandra popped in my fridge. From the lovely linens and towels to the fittings and furnishings, to the additional guest areas of library, living room, and garden. Most significantly I would have to say, is their down-to-earth and genuine kindness while sharing a glass of wine and a chat. This is thoughtful hospitality at it's best! Doug and Sandra...I cannot thank you enough.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Sandra and Doug are just the most welcoming, wonderful hosts a girl (or boy) could ask for. They took the word accommodating to a whole new level and I so appreciate them making our first (very wet) night in Auckland an absolute pleasure, no mean feat when you consider we got on a plan at 6:00am Perth time, waited around Melbourne Airport for 4 hours (spent with my beautiful daughter Candice), cried halfway to Auckland because we were leaving Candice, and arrived at their B&B around midnight!

Not only did they make our stay there just wonderful, Sandra also offered to let us stay there while they went down to Christchurch knowing we were having trouble finding accommodation and when I let her know we had found somewhere else was lovely enough to drive us there. I cannot say enough good things about her

Do yourself a favour and book into Bella’s B&B if you’re ever coming over, or if you live here just book in to spoil yourself.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to the City Lights Suite and it was exquisite.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a fabulous stay at this lovely B&B. We stayed in the Magnolia Suite, which was a very tastefully decorated room and plenty large enough for a longish stay (we were there for five nights). The bed was extremely comfortable and we had an excellent nights sleep every night.

You also weren't restricted to your room and were able to make use of the 'snug' at the front of the house and the beautiful open plan sitting room and dinning area. There is also a lovely back garden to sit in as well.

Nothing was too much trouble for Sandra and Doug, who really welcome you into their home, along with the real boss of the house, Bella the dog!!

Breakfast was very good, with a selection of cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit and a cooked option.

A definite recommendation to friends and we would not hesitate to stay again when back in Auckland.

• Stayed March 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We had such a great experience at Bella's Bed and Breakfast. Doug and Sandra were very kind and really made sure all the small things were taken care of. They even upgraded us to a better room. There home was beautiful, and it was just like going to stay with family. Next time we head up to auckland, we will be booking in there for sure. :)

Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I took my husband to Bella's for his birthday and we had a fantastic experience. We stayed in the City Lights room which was gorgeous and Doug & Sandra had arranged for a bottle of bubbles on ice to be waiting for us on the balcony, where we could sit and look out at the stunning views of the Sky Tower. The next morning we were greeted by the gorgeous pup Bella and enjoyed a delicious breakfast of homemade corn fritters. Sandra & Doug were the perfect hosts - a great experience all round and I would highly recommend a stay here.

akl,nz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I booked Bella's for the weekend of my wedding. My first experience of a B&B. The night before, my 3 year old daughter, my mother and I arrived for the 'brides night away before the wedding'. Our hosts warmly welcomed us with a glass of wine and a chat out on the deck - which was a lovely way to meet. Doug and Sandra are both such friendly people and made us feel immediately comfortable. They have mastered the skill and found the balance, of providing personal service and personal space - basically the house was ours for the weekend. The next morning, we completely took over the light and airy living spaces with hairdresser, make up artist, and photographers. Sandra was so kind to provide us all with her lovely home made morning tea to keep everyone fueled. The rooms are all lovely, large, and beautifully presented, containing little fridges of drinks and homemade treats. The beds are super comfortable and the house is deceptively spacious with high ceilings and heaps of light. I was concerned about my 3 year old and safety, but the house has a cute back garden and is completely fenced off and secure.
Couldn't rate Sandra and Doug highly enough - there service even extended to a bit of babysitting and collecting the bridal bouquet from the florist while I was getting ready. And after the big event, my husband and I came home to a lovely hot scented bath with candles and that much needed bottle of sparkling water to wash down the berrocca!

Room Tip: Upstairs suite with the bath is definitely the one to treat yourself
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bella's Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!