“Fantastic stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ponsonby House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Auckland
Ponsonby House
You added Ponsonby House to your Saves list
8 Douglas St | Ponsonby, Auckland 1021, New Zealand   |
Ranked #10 of 59 Auckland B&B and Inns
Helsinki
“Fantastic stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the Ponsonby House at the start of our three week NZ honeymoon and we couldn't have chosen better. The house itself is beautiful and we loved our room, but what made this expectional was the warm welcome we received- the service was extremely attentive and kind. Jonathan also gave us great tips for our travels and we truly enjoyed his company. The B&B is wonderfully located next to a lot of great restaurants, bars and coffee shops. Don't look any further than this!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bernadette W, Owner at Ponsonby House, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you so much. You were our first guests from Finland so we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and most importantly enjoyed your honeymoon in this beautiful country.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was my fourth stay in this wonderful and welcoming B&B. I love it!! Bernadette and Jonathan are warm, witty, service oriented and overall top quality hosts which, when combined with the excellent location and very comfortable rooms, makes Ponsonby House my preferred 'home from home'. Ponsonby Road nearby is alive with great shops, cafes and restaurants and it is very easy to get anywhere in or beyond Auckland from there.I get the feeling when staying that the luxurious bedding and beautifully designed rooms have been perfectly created so I am immediately embraced by comfort and - to be honest - I am always tempted to linger and savour the feeling! A truly "delicious" experience. I'll be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed at Ponsonby house to visit my kiwi sister.Beds were heavenly, rooms immaculate, hosts Bernadette and Jonathan wonderful and warm. Fresh baked crossiants in the morning were too yummy to say no to!
Its location is great close to shops, restaurants and lovely walk down to habour or city centre.
High recommend a stay at Ponsonby House

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Very nice rooms and great location, steps from Ponsonby Road. Bernadette's scones are delicious. Nice, large rooms with comfortable bed. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed at Ponsonby House for two nights and it were the best nights of our visit in New Zealand! Jonathan and Bernadette were so nice and welcoming! Their house is in the middle of Ponsonby, all the nice shops are right around the corner. Our room (Jasmin) and bathroom are spotlessly clean and the bed was heavenly comfortable.
We would always come back to Ponsonby House and recommend it HIGHLY to anyone who comes to Auckland and wants to have a excellent accommodation with a familiar touch in a hip and interesting area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Brownsville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I chose Ponsonby House based on reviews I saw on this site. I will say Ponsonby house exceeded every expectation my partner and I had. Berndatte (the ownder) is extremely welcoming and hospitable. The room (we stayed in the earl grey room) was perfect, clean and very cozy. The breakfast was very nice and delicious. In the afternoon, we had afternoon tea which was accompanied by homemade scones (A week and a half later, I'm still thinking of them). We HIGHLY recommend Ponsonby house if travelling to Auckland. Our only regret is that we stayed for one night only. We definitely will stay there again on our next trip to New Zealand.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in 2 different rooms during my visit- both very quiet, sunny and clean. Sally (the owner) is very friendly and provides great service and breakfast. The whole atmosphere of the hotel is very cozy and lovely with nice paintings and furniture. If you don't want to stay at business hotels and you are looking for a place which feels like home, this could be great for you and you can also go out and take a walk around the neighbourhood in ponsonby and relax. I would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed April 2012
Bernadette W, Owner at Ponsonby House, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
I think this review is intended for the Great Ponsonby Art Hotel - the owner there is Sally (I'm Bernadette). Easy to confuse with Ponsonby House.

Thanks

Been to Ponsonby House? Share your experiences!