“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
rotorua
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Full of beautiful people and the food is to die. My favourite place to go in Auckland for food, atmosphere and people watching.

Auckland, New Zealand
“Simply stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This place used to be Rocco and a favourite haunt of a friend but when I tried it, I was underwhelmed. Not so its successor Moo Chow Chow which also came highly recommended. Quite simply, it is superb. The place is vibrant, trendy but not overly so, wait staff are helpful and polite and the food is amazing. Yes, there's a Thai influence but this is no ordinary Thai restaurant. The ingredients are fresh, high quality, there's a fragrance to the food which is indescribable. The dishes have been thoughtfully created and each goes together exceptionally well with the others. No, it is not overly hot but some dishes are more spicy than others. I came with a group and we had a banquet for an extremely reasonable price of $50 per head. Remember this is Ponsonby Road and some places charge almost that for a main meal. I hate banquets when everything comes together, everyone is jostling to get to the dishes and loads gets left over as it's all too much hassle to pass things back and forth. Not here - they stagger the deliveries and just when you think it's about to end, more appears. They certainly have a knack for feeding you up but you can't help yourself as it's all so tasty. I really can't pick out any of the dishes in particular as they were all superb. I am still salivating.

Yes, it is noisy but that's part of the buzz. Stay away if you want a cosy dinner for two. Otherwise, chill out and enjoy! There are only a few negative things about this place and none of them involve the food! The front door is not obvious. It is on the side of the building and looks more like a ranch slider. The stairs to the loo are extremely vertiginous - ladies, if you plan to enjoy the beverages, it's maybe best not to wear your highest heels. Lastly, when exiting the ranch slider door (possibly in a more demeanour than you entered), it is extremely easy to fall off the raised porch onto the pavement as there is no barrier. OSH and ACC must have a field day.

In summary - all respect to Moo Chow Chow, it is fantastic. I'll be back - frequently

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Went there for lunch, can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great service, absolutely AMAZING food and all the dishes are geared up to share so you get to try so much deliciousness!! The soft shell crab was e best I have ever had. Unexpectedly one of my friends ordered the pork hock and it was unbelievably good. All food was to die for. WELL WORTH TRYING THIS RESTAURANT. Price was excellent for what you get. Only problem is parking. Bar impossible (not the restaurants fault) so maybe best to taxi. Probably $15 - $20 from downtown Auckland.

Visited April 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“I would choose this for my last supper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I went here over the weekend with some girlfriends. I'm so pleased there were 4 of us as it meant we could try more dishes! Everything in the menu sounded amazing. It's Thai street food at its best and its made for Sharing. Starting over delicious cocktails our lovely waitress made a few suggestions and we ordered everything she recommended. We were not disappointed, the food was to die for! Gorgeous flavors, beautifully presented and just made to share , be enjoyed and devoured. We had the goat curry (best curry we've ever had, the soft shell crab, caramelised pork hock and Asian greens, followed by the most Devine dessert any of us have ever tasted, creme brûlée with ginger and lemongrass OMG!

Oamaru, New Zealand
“An experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I went to MooChowChow on recommendation from my daughter. And it was a dining experience! Our very friendly waiter, explained how the menu was designed for sharing; and this added to the enjoyment. The chatter from the diners was loud, however I feel that only added to the excitement. The waiter was extremely helpful, and provided,helpful suggestions to help us decide.Loved the food. Loved the atmosphere. Loved the experience!

Visited April 2013