“Absolutely the best way to appreciate Auckland's foody goodness” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #5 of 20 Food & Drink in Auckland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Auckland's number one food tour experience. A fun and flavour filled insight into the excellent cuisine, markets, restaurants and producers Auckland has to offer.The Big Foody is the tour to give you the tastiest insight into New Zealand. 4.5 hours of tastings and ideas on where to enjoy the most of your Auckland gastronomic experiences. Small and intimate groups. Pickups available! Tour starts 9:30am 9.30am - 2pm Mon to Sun. Other times by arrangement. "There are many ways to explore Auckland’s culinary scene but none may be more tasty, enjoyable and informative than the city tour offered by The Big Foody. Elle Armon-Jones, the self described “big cheese” is well qualified and thoroughly knowledgeable about all the nooks and crannies that make Auckland a strong contender for food capital of the southern hemisphere. Her informative commentary about food, wine, culture and the current trends is lively and enthusiastic. She’ll have you salivating in seconds." Diane S. Travel Writer Los Angeles
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
“Absolutely the best way to appreciate Auckland's foody goodness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

When I visited Auckland I was impressed by the food culture – so figured that the best way to fully embrace it was to join a food tour. Unfortunately, the day I had free was booked out for tours “we’re all busy at the food show in town – so why don’t we bring you over to do a mini tour here?”

I jumped at the chance. The food show was amazing, overwhelming and filled to the rafters with tasty things to eat and drink. Elle has an encyclopaedic knowledge of the local food scene, so guided me around to the best bits, introducing me to many of the vendors on the food tour and many more. She’s great fun, totally passionate about the food and that enthusiasm can’t help but rub off on everyone who joins a tour. She just wants people to appreciate all the foody goodness of the region – and so left me with a great list of places to go, things to eat for the remainder of my stay.

Visited July 2012
TheBigFoody, Owner at The Big Foody Food Tours, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your awesome review! Loved meeting you and hope we see you again :) Elle

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“What a perfect way to spend the day!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have to say this was by far the best Food tour I have done - simply brilliant, and Elle was incredibly informative at every stage of the tour. Great way to see Auckland - and discover the hidden coves that one may not necessarily get to encounter whilst in the city. (been here 6 years and did not even know of some of the places we visited).

Perfect day, and a perfect way to spend it, especially as a family 'reunion' with long term friends parents over.

100% recommended!!

Visited September 2012
Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Elle's awesome adventures”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Elle's Big Foody Tour was a great day out.
Full of passion and love for food and wine - Elle took us to some of the best places in Auckland. It was the best tour we did in Auckland and it's a shame we didn't do it on the first day we were there. We thoroughly recommend this tour.

Visited June 2012
TheBigFoody, Owner at The Big Foody Food Tours, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Thanks Guys!!!! Loved meeting you and really glad you enjoyed the tour as much as I did!!!!
London, United Kingdom
“fresh and juicy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Elle's Big Foody Tour took us to places we had never been and good tastes we had never experienced as well as old favourites. We very much enjoyed the tour & forgot the awful weather.We were educated gently and informed.This was my 5th trip to Auckland and until the BFTour, I thought I knew my way around. I believe this tour would be of interest to locals and visitors alike. I cannot recommend it enough. Try it!
Susan Robinson, London

Visited April 2012
Auckland
“Wonderful Foody Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I can highly recommend this tour. I couldn't stop talking about it to family and friends. There are so many good foodie places in Auckland and Elle was tremendously knowledgeable. It was a very personalised tour because it was a small group and the follow-up the next day with recipes and noting all the places we'd visited was a bonus.

Thanks again.