“fresh and juicy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 112 activities in Auckland
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Auckland's number one food tour experience. A fun and flavour filled insight into the excellent cuisine, markets, restaurants and producers Auckland has to offer.The Big Foody is the tour to give you the tastiest insight into New Zealand. 4.5 hours of tastings and ideas on where to enjoy the most of your Auckland gastronomic experiences. Small and intimate groups. Pickups available! Tour starts 9:30am 9.30am - 2pm Mon to Sun. Other times by arrangement. "There are many ways to explore Auckland’s culinary scene but none may be more tasty, enjoyable and informative than the city tour offered by The Big Foody. Elle Armon-Jones, the self described “big cheese” is well qualified and thoroughly knowledgeable about all the nooks and crannies that make Auckland a strong contender for food capital of the southern hemisphere. Her informative commentary about food, wine, culture and the current trends is lively and enthusiastic. She’ll have you salivating in seconds." Diane S. Travel Writer Los Angeles
London, United Kingdom
“fresh and juicy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Elle's Big Foody Tour took us to places we had never been and good tastes we had never experienced as well as old favourites. We very much enjoyed the tour & forgot the awful weather.We were educated gently and informed.This was my 5th trip to Auckland and until the BFTour, I thought I knew my way around. I believe this tour would be of interest to locals and visitors alike. I cannot recommend it enough. Try it!
Susan Robinson, London

Visited April 2012

Auckland
“Wonderful Foody Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I can highly recommend this tour. I couldn't stop talking about it to family and friends. There are so many good foodie places in Auckland and Elle was tremendously knowledgeable. It was a very personalised tour because it was a small group and the follow-up the next day with recipes and noting all the places we'd visited was a bonus.

Thanks again.

Visited December 2011
NZ
“I am from Auckland and found and heard of places I would never have known about - Elle is full of knowledge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Highly recommended - as an ex-chef and massive foodie - Elle knows it all. Great for a morning outing to discover parts of Auckland you would otherwise struggle to find as a tourist or a local!

Visited November 2011
TheBigFoody, Owner at The Big Foody Food Tours, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you for coming on the tour and for your review!