“Wonderful Host!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tru North Tours

Tru North Tours
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Auckland
Tru North Tours
You added Tru North Tours to your Saves list
22 Carrowmore | Pinehill, Albany, Auckland 0632, New Zealand   |
Ranked #8 of 59 Auckland B&B and Inns
Levin, New Zealand
“Wonderful Host!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My experience of staying in Tru North was fantastic, everything was above and beyond my expectation. It was a real pleasure meeting Ron and Avril. I especially want to express my appreciation to Avril. Thank you very much for your guided tour, yummy packed lunches and transportation to Massey. I truly appreciate your caring, consideration, and kind hospitality. I would thoroughly recommend your place to anyone wanting to stay in Albany.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
TruNorthTours, Owner at Tru North Tours, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. All the best with your studies and please keep us updated on how it goes with the community work.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed with Ron and Avril for my first three weeks when I arrived in NZ from the UK. They went out of their way to make me feel welcome and part of their family and went above and beyond to help me get my life set up here. They are so friendly and accomodating and Avril is a great cook. It was so nice to have all my washing and cleaning looked after when I had so much else on. I would highly recommend this homestay to anyone passing through this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TruNorthTours, Owner at Tru North Tours, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thanks for staying with us – it was great fun. Wishing you everything of the best with your studies this year and for the rest of your stay in Aotearoa.
Palmerston North, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great experience, Avril and Ron go out of their way to make you feel welcome and to make sure you are happy. Prices very reasonable and food excellent. Highly recommend this place if you are in the area, I certainly will be going back again!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
TruNorthTours, Owner at Tru North Tours, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay, we loved having you.
Looking forward to catching up with you soon.
Ferrara, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

After a terrible experience in a hostel in central Auckland I finally arrived in this nice house thanks to many reviews I read in this website. Well..this time I wasn't fooled! What the other guests had written was true and far more than that! Avril was a perfect landlady and Ron was always so nice to me and the other guests. The rooms are absolutely comfortable, it's rare to find to find such a great quality at a so convenient price! Breakfast could meet every desire, and so was the delicious dinner Avril prepares every evening for her guests.
Un fortunately I didn't participate to the tour organized by Ron but I would really advise to try it, the quality of the hospitality would be the same as the B&B's.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
TruNorthTours, Owner at Tru North Tours, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you Laura, it was great to meet you and we really enjoyed having your company.
Hope that enjoyed your time in Poverty Bay and are having a great stay in Aotearoa. Please keep in touch and let us know how the rest of you trip is going - we'd love to catch up for a cup of tea when you're next in Auckland.
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The place is very nice with is excellent service, the family are very friendly and helpful, also the food was lovely, I enjoy with been with them for a couple of days, the price also reasonable for short term. If I go to Auckland again I will book on the same place

Room Tip: I did not ’t have a chance to see all the room , but the room I was taken is good
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I truly feel this place like my home, the lady prepare lovely breakfast, pack your really nice lunch, and wait you come back for dinner. the room is lovely, the family gave us warm welcome every night. This is the best place ever. highly highly recommend

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

A real Home away from Home experience.This is the best bed and breakfast that we experienced.Avril and Ron ,thanks for catering to our vegetarian diet.You and Ron are the most beautiful hosts and also so accomodating.we felt very at home and will recommend your Bed and Breakfast to all our family and friends.Compliments to Avril on her delicious home cooked meals.We will definately be returning to your home.

Room Tip: choose a room on the south side as it is much quieter.rooms are quiete spacious and linen was nice a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tru North Tours? Share your experiences!