“Getting close to nature just a stones throw from the city” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Auckland Sea Kayaks offers exceptional Sea Kayaking tours to the Hauraki Gulfs pristine islands. These islands are home to some of New Zealand's most endangered species with many of the islands only accessible by kayak or small boat. No kayaking experience necessary on all our sea kayaking tours.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Getting close to nature just a stones throw from the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Leaving the bustling city centre's traffic and business suits on a weekday morning, before we knew it we were getting close to nature half way across the water on our way to Rangitoto. A walk to the summit where we could appreciate the beautiful vistas of Auckland and a relaxing lunch break on the peaceful island.
What a day out! All within a short drive of the city.
Everything was thought of from a hot coffee upon arrival at Rangitoto to a cold L&P back on shore at the end of the day.
With a great guide like Nick and all the little extras thought of along the way we couldn't help but have an amazing day!

Auckland
“brilliant weekend on the water with Auckland Sea Kayaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

The 2 day discovery tour with Auckland Sea Kayaks is an incredible way to experience Auckland from the Hauraki Gulf - visiting browns, Motuihe and Rangitoto islands. Excellent food, great gear all included in the price. Nics extensive knowledge of the Auckland area was fantastic and made the trip very interesting. It's a great trip, I had a lot of fun and I highly recommend it.

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“What an adventure!!! A must do!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

As I waited to be picked up, I had no idea what I was in for. I'd signed up for the two day trip out around the islands of Auckland's Hauraki Gulf and all I had for experience was about 2 1/2 hours from the previous summer. It didn't matter. Nic, the guide, made sure everything was sorted and before I knew it I was paddleing out amongst the blue penguins of the gulf. The food at each stop I swear was out of a five star restaurant and never was there even a thought of going hungry. The highlight of the trip by far was the guided walk out around Motuihe Island at night to try and spot the endangered Kiwi Bird. Success! We made it down to the beach where we saw three right on the edge of the water. What a rush to see them outside of a zoo!

All and all the trip was amazing and well worth the money. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to kayak New Zealand. Of all the trips I've done around the country this was by far the best!

Cheers guys!

Perth, Australia
“Out on the water in Auckland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Had a thoroughly enjoyable day with Auckland Sea Kayaks, paddling to Rangitoto and then walking to the summit. Beautiful day on the water and a moderate workout the day after the Rugby World Cup Final when most of Auckland was in hangover mode. Nic was a terrific guide - friendly, knowledgeable, and unobtrusive.

As a vegetarian, I am used to some fairly dodgy meals on trips - couldn't really argue with a Thai Green Curry on the beach. I would recommend this company and trip without hesitation.

Visited October 2011
Waiheke Island, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
“Love the water? get on it Kayak Styles for an awesome day.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

A great day on the water, brilliantly guided by the knowledgeable and encouraging Nic. All top quality gear provided and well catered. Thanks to Nic for a memorable day. October 20th 2011.
I did the full day trip ~ kayaking across the Auckland Harbor and walking to the summit of Rangitoto, resting at the base for a well deserved lunch and free time for some "R&R" Due to extreme winds we couldn't kayak back however we were picked up and enjoyed the trill of a ride on the water taxi back to St Heliers were the fun began :)

Visited October 2011