“Great day trip close to Auckland” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 158 Activities in Auckland
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Rainforest canyoning tours in two canyons 45 minutes drive from Auckland. The Piha Canyon - Full day, half day and night canyon options.The Blue Canyon - Full day adventure.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bakersfield, California
“Great day trip close to Auckland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Incredible and affordable NZ experience! It's a must do for adventurous types visiting the Auckland area year round. It could be a bit overwhelming if you have fear of heights or rushing water, and you need to be in pretty good shape to handle the whole adventure.

Visited May 2012

Fort Wayne, Indiana
14 attraction reviews
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

My husband and I went on the AWOL Canyoning Adventures tour through Royal Caribbean. We heard all about canyoning, and we found AWOL was the company to go through! Unfortunately, AWOL holds spots for Royal Caribbean, so we had to book through Royal Caribbean to guarantee ourselves a spot. After changing into our wetsuits, we had short drive, and then a "short walk" to get to the top of the waterfall. The "short walk" was beautiful, but rather uncomfortable and warm in the wetsuit Canyoning down the waterfalls, going through caves, and jumping into the ponds was awesome! The scenery was beautiful and it is definitely worth doing! It is strenuous, but we had an older gentleman in our group that could not swim that was with his high-school age granddaughters, and the guides were able to make the trip enjoyable for him too! Definitely an awesome experience, would recommend it to anyone with the opportunity!

Visited December 2011
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“that is the best trip i have ever been”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Cam is very nice, and the trip is so fun, everyone who come to New Zealand should try it!!! you will love it!

Visited March 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
“One of the best things I've ever done in my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Great staff, very helpful and knowledgeable. If you have the chance to do it, don't hesitate. Not suitable for less active kind of people.

Visited January 2012
poole
“A Fantastic day for those seeking adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Cam and Tony were great. I always felt safe with them.
This adventure is not for the faint hearted or those wishing not wanting to get wet.

I was smiling from start to finish. When I did this trip I was coming to the end of a 5 1/2 week holiday, I had been to SE Asia and Australia, It was one of the best days of my holiday (my best day I spent in New Zealand), and what a way to spend one of my final days of it.
The best bit for me was zip lining through a waterfall, It was quiet full on the day I did it, as there had be heavy rainfall in the early hours of the morning that I did it. The abseiling was amazing too. Thanks Cam and Tony for a very memorable day.

Visited February 2012