“Toru Tours- Great way to explore Auckland :-)” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 159 Activities in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: Come on our personalized 3-Hour tour, showing you the highlights of what makes this city of Auckland so special. From the diverse eateries to the many Volcanoes, to the working farm,and beautiful gardens that we have. We can guide you to Auckland's best shopping, cuisine and sights. Along the way, you'll learn about the Maori culture and settler history. We will meet local people and share stories which provide you with an enriching experience. Small groups (16max and yes we even take 1) increases the quality of the tour, so you can ask as many questions as you like. We get plenty of time to stretch our legs with 4 stops along the way. Let us show you 'our Auckland'.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator
London, United Kingdom
“Toru Tours- Great way to explore Auckland :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was a great Tour. It covered all the must see sights of Auckland and was really informative. Great price too! Paul the tour guide was really friendly and was happy to answer all my questions! I'm a Kiwi, living in Wellington and I got a lot out of this tour having not really explore Auckland before :-)

Torutours, Owner at Toru - Day Tours, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. I thinks it's really important to be able to answer questions. Luckily we are locals of Auckland, who love to share information about the place. We get very few New Zealanders outside of Auckland on this tour ,so it's great to another perspective.
Safe Journeys.

Kentucky
4 attraction reviews
“Great value, friendly, informative tour guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Paul, the owner and tour guide, is very friendly, informative and helpful. He provided a terrific tour on a very busy day in Auckland. It was Anniversary Day, a public holiday in Auckland, so everyone was out and about. He skillfully guided our small group away from the crowds as much as possible and took us to several vistas overlooking the city. He provided commentary on the city and its people as well as steering us to some great gelato. I left my computer case on the bus and he drove back into town, despite the crowds, to deliver it to me that evening.
I highly recommend Paul and Toru Day Tours.

Visited January 2013
Torutours, Owner at Toru - Day Tours, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Anniversary Day is a great day in Auckland and it was great you were part of that. I am very happy you enjoyed your day. Thank you for your review.
Ohio
14 attraction reviews
“Informative and fun tour with Paul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This tour company runs specials for cruise ship passengers, and we were delighted with the value and entertainment of our 3 hour tour. Paul is delightful and readily shares his wealth of knowledge and experience. The small tour bus is very comfortable, and the tour is well organized. Paul made our short visit to Auckland very memorable.

Visited January 2013
Thank you for your kind review. It is great you had fun on the tour. I'm please you found the tour well organized. I've be a guest in other countries, and I know what it's like when a driver does not know what he/she is doing. Being a local I know the most efficient way to get around the city.
Being part of a small group you avoid the waiting, with getting on and off buses that big groups have, saving you time and hassle.
Thanks again.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Ship Cruisers Delight - Must do tour when in Auckland.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

For the all of the independent travellers doing cruise visits to Auckland with limited time, Toru Tours is an ABSOLUTE MUST and excellent value for money compared to on board organised tours. Paul will meet you at the wharf in his comfortable mini bus right in the middle of town to commence your magic tour of the city. It is an action packed tour encompassing all of the must sees and do's of the Auckland area. Paul can create a tour for individual needs and is a "full bottle" on the history of the town. It was an entertaining tour with a tour guilde who not only provides a good service, buts loves doing his job. Give him a call when in Auckland, You will not be disappointed. Thanks for fun day mate! Kia ora Paul.

Visited December 2012
Torutours, Owner at Toru - Day Tours, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I feel that it is really important as a guest to Auckland actually get to view Auckland ( rather than just the shops in the middle of town) at a fair price. As a local and knowing Auckland so well ,I saved time as well, as going off the beaten track to give a wide range of experiences.
Your assessment is spot on with regards to a must do for cruise ships guests as it is the perfect tour to see Auckland, as well as have time to do other great things in Auckland.
Kia Ora
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Toru Toru Toru!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I first contacted Paul at Toru Tours after reading glowing recommendations on Tripadvisor & through his website and I have to say they were right. Taking a group of staff on a business trip to Auckland (some of whom had never left the country before) I wanted to make the most of a very limited sightseeing timeframe. Intially I spoke to Paul about his Auckland tour and said we were debating between that and Rotarua, he offered a personalised tour of Rotarua as well, including things like a hangi lunch. Paul made the day trip a wonderful experience and with 10 crazy women on board he had the patience of a saint along with a wonderful sense of humour, he really made the day one they would not forget! Having our very own personal tour was a fantastic way of seeing the sights and I would higly recommend Toru Tours to anyone!

Visited August 2012
Torutours, Manager at Toru - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you for you review, and what a fun day it was. Thanks for visiting New Zealand