“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   19 - 23 Anzac Avenue, Auckland 1010, New Zealand   |
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Stayed here on my last night before leaving Auckland for home and slightly regretted staying at the sister hotel at St Martins on my 1st 2 nights in Auckland. This hotels location and room layout is much better! BUT we did not know so lesson learned :)

I would stay back in this hotel again when I am back to Auckland and would recommend this hotel to anyone who asks as well. Layout of room was good and kitchen and bathroom amenities are fully equipped. Great location to city centre, Britromart, eateries, supermarkets and the harbour as well.

The pretty french reception was also super friendly and she pointed out her favourite eating spots as other recommendations as well. Very professional and friendly service as well. Great job guys!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Kirsty D, General Manager at Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear resortfamilyguy,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and their service with a smile, as well as the amenities our hotel has to offer.
Jeanne (and all of our staff), believe in providing that personalized service, and I agree with you, that she is very good at her job.
We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your review!

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We began our 'familymoon' here and we could not fault it. We were a bit nervous about traveling with a one year old but this hotel was perfect. Our one bedroom apartment had everything we needed, it even had a seperate 'study room' that we were able to put the port a cot in. It was close to all the restaurants and only a short walk into the city. The staff were lovely, the room was spacious and have everything we needed to have breakfast in the room after a little walk to countdown around the corner.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room at the front of the hotel. Great view over the street.
Dear Familymoon14,

Thank you for your recent review, and your kind words. We take the comments of our guests
very seriously, as our goal is to always improve on meeting and exceeding expectations. We
are very proud of both our apartments& what we can offer as well as the reception staff at Celestion who have built a reputation of excellence through their hard work and dedication to guest satisfaction in a continuing effort to attract and maintain great customers like yourself.

Yours in hospitality,
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We chose the Waldorf Celestion as it was close to where our family live. The hotel is centrally located to Queen Street and other shops and has plenty of eating places nearby. Our room was tidy and clean and the bed was large and comfortable. There was, however, no television in the bedroom, which is unusual nowadays. There was a good kitchenette with utensils and cooking items. Wifi was available in the room, but is the usual expensive amount. Best to use your 3G. There was unfortunately, little natural light in the lounge area and on a grey day this made the living area rather dark. If you have a car, parking is a bit of an issue - there's only limited on-site parking but the off-site parking is not far. Parking while you're checking in is tricky as there's not a lot of space outside the hotel. Still a good hotel and we would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear M M

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The CelestionHotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your comments on our proximity to different areas. Thank you for mentioning internet, we appreciate all opportunities to better our services & we are currently looking at our internet options where we will make changes in the next few days to the options available for our guests. I look forward to having another opportunity to have you as our guest!

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

the entrance way was very deceiving, with the concrete, even taking the elevator up to our room, it was all concrete when we jumped out of it, but once we got to our room and opened the door to it, we were pleasently surprised. The small hallway we walked into then turned the corner, WOW, beautiful rooms (we had 2 rooms, 1 with a pull out couch and a desk and a balcony), the other with what looked like a queen bed and also another balcony, just loved it. I had my 5 year old grandaughter with me and she even said it was amazing lol We stayed there because it was close to Vector Arena where we went to watch a show, so the distance was perfect for my little one. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it also to my friends/family.

Room Tip: very close if your seeing a show at vector arena

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kirsty D, General Manager at Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Leila S,

Thank you for your review.The entrance does have that industrial feel but does grow on you! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us & appreciate your comments on our proximity to Vector Arena especially when travelling with little people. Our hotel is totally committed to guest satisfaction & we hold it in the highest regard that you will recommend us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

My best regards
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I arrived at the Waldorf Celestion before 6am after a 13 hour flight from Vancouver and wasn't due to check in until that afternoon so I didn't have high hopes that there would be a room ready for me. So I was thrilled when the friendly employee on reception informed me he was able to find an apartment for me and I could check in straight away. The apartment was my next delightful surprise. It was large and very comfortable. I was on the 11th floor and had a good size balcony with decent views, huge bed, fully equipped kitchen and good size bathroom with a great shower. The hotel is in a great location, an easy walk to the CBD, ferry terminal, sky tower and hop-on-off bus stop. There are also plenty of cafes and restaurants nearby and a convenience store. Also an Indian restaurant downstairs. All of the staff were friendly and helpful and I was able to check out a bit later than normal (11.30am) with no extra charge. The night I spent there was my last in a six week holiday in North America so it was great to finish my holiday on a high. This hotel exceeded my expectations, particularly considering how reasonably priced it is. I will definitely stay there next time I'm in Auckland.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Jude H,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear that our staff have gone above and beyond in terms of service & found a solution for your early arrival from Vancouver & a complimentary late departure. We do pride ourselves on our friendly staff and their service with a smile, as well as the amenities our hotel has to offer. We feel very honored for your recognition & look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stopped in Auckland to land in a beautiful, accomodating and gorgeous hotel. The Waldorf Celestion was beyond my expectations. The family apartment was extremely clean, modern and the beds were beyond comfortable. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. I recommend this place highly as it is close to the water/ferries/great restaurants.

Room Tip: Request the family apartment suite if you can. It is very spacious (two rooms) with a kitchen and a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Michael R

Thank you very much for your review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you enjoyed our large, clean rooms & great location. We are pleased to hear that you would be back in a heartbeat. Please let us know when you will be back! We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Yours in hospitality
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and i live in the country so were coming up to stay in the city and this is exactly what we got. Great inner city apartment very good location. We were upgraded to a two bedroom just because and the rooms were spacious, comfortable and had everything we needed. Nice shampoos and soaps shower was huge beds were comfy and we were able to change to a balcony road facing (noisy with door open) but exactly what we wanted. Atmosphere + amazing indian attached to the hotel so great for a meal delivered to door. Luxurious entrance we loved it and will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking road (front of apartment) as opposed to stair well adds to atmosphere. A...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Kirsty D, General Manager at Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear conorb1811027,

We are very proud of our reception staff at Celestion, they have built a reputation of excellence through their hard work and dedication to guest satisfaction in a continuing effort to attract and maintain great customers like yourself.

Yours in hospitality,

Been to Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!