“Good Location” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   19 - 23 Anzac Avenue, Auckland 1010, New Zealand   |
Detroit, Michigan
“Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

Stayed here for 12 days while getting around NZ. Plane came in at 6:30 am, and they let me check into the room. This was a blessing since I had been traveling 19 hours. So appreciated that. Originally, I was only going to stay there for 4 days but kept extneding it since it met our needs. They were very accomodating. Good Indian restaraunt on site. Close to a 24 hour Countdown grocery, which worked out very well since there was a kitchen in the room Had a good view of the harbor, and I loved sitting out on the balcony every morning with my coffee and watching the sun rise and the city come to life.

Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

Safe, elegant, plush, well equipped, good for a family with kids, slightly away from the main part of the city but if are ready to walk for 5-7 minutes from the hotel to the bus stop (even when you are tired), it is a good place. Has a convenience store in front of it. Has an Indian restaurant at the ground floor. Staff is excellent and helpful. Overall, there is nothing to complain.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Staff at this hotel were very friendly. The apartment was brand new, big, clean and nicely decorated. It is located in the centre of Auckland and easy to find dinner and breakfast close by. The hotel has car parking facilities on its premises for a reasonable NZ20.- fee.
I highly recommend this accommodation for fellow travellers as it is good value for money.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Good apartment hotel, with good furnishings and - importantly - excellent beds. Recommended.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Chippenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

The space, kitchette and dining area make an ideal starting hotel for helping to sit out the jet lag. We were upgraded on arrival to a 2 bed apartment. Spotlessly clean, with all the amenities we wanted, the apartments were ideally located for us - a very pleasant 10 minute stroll to the sky tower, and just over 5 minutes to the ferry port for ferry's to the likes of Waiheke Island. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

We had a 2BR apartment for 3 nights to begin our New Zealand trip. I really don't think we could have made a better choice. The room had every convenience including a kitchenette with modern appliances. However, there is no wireless internet--a problem if you are using an iPad for your access. There is a computer in the lobby for your use (for a fee). The location was especially convenient and we did not need a car until we left Auckland. The ferry terminal, restaurants, grocery store, and bus stop were a short walk away. A very, very good value.

P.S. We thought the Indian restaurant in the lobby was great--very good food and service. The delicious smell did permeate the lobby, but not the rooms.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

I stayed at the Celestion Waldorf Apartments for 5 days during a recent visit to Auckland. I found the location to be very good as it's within walking distance of the central city. The parking situation, however, is very poor. When I arrived by car there was no place to park in front of the hotel other than a very narrow lane down the side which can only accommodate one parked car. I was forced to circle the block until the parking space in the lane became available so I could check in.

My booking at Celestion included free parking, however, the check-in staff were unaware of this and tried to charge me extra. In the end, I was assigned a parking space behind the hotel. It was great to have a parking space right at the hotel (others were assigned parking 5 minutes walk away) but several times during my stay I had to wait before I could park as the small lane used to access the car park was blocked by another car.

Once checked in I found there is only one small elevator in the building, which is also used by the housekeeping staff. I often had to wait up to 5 minutes before the elevator became available.

I found my room to be clean and of a comfortable size (2-bedroom with small living area and kitchen). However, in the main bedroom there was an audible humming sound coming from the ventilation/plumbing system in the ceiling.

Finally, on checking out the reception staff again tried to charge me for parking. They would also not immediately refund the $100 deposit I had made via preauthorization on my credit card, stating that housekeeping were unavailable to inspect the room until later that day. This surprised me as other hotels I have stayed at do this on the spot.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused. Your pre-authorisation was released later in the day and with your feedback we will review our policies on such matters.

Our downtown location does present its own unique parking constraints which we try and manage as best we can. However in this case we have failed to meet expectations and for that I am truly sorry. Thank you for your feedback and we hope that you can give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Regards

Andrew Buenter

Been to Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!