“Italian Food Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #98 of 1,285 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Authentic Italian Hosteria in the heart of Auckland. At COVO we make handmade fresh pasta and gnocchi, the best Lasagna and Cannelloni of Auckland, and of course, a rustic Italian pizza without forgot the classic Italian Desert, like Tiramisu, Chocolate Salami, Panna Cotta and so much more! Come to find us in the little COVO, the taste of Italy is here!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Italian Food Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This place is amazing! It is THE BEST Italian food I have ever had! I have never had any bad experiences or any bad food any time I have been here. The owner makes you feel welcome and chats/jokes with you. They should never ever change the chef they have. Whoever it is cooks amazing food. Every bite of food here is like a bit of heaven in my mouth. I just love this place, it is my first preference for Italian food. It is always worth the price!

“Little gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Popped in on our first day in NZ from the UK. Found this little place for coffee in the morning and returned for dinner that evening We were very jet lagged but rallied when the lovely food was put in front of us. Excellent choice of authentic Italian food and brilliant coffee.
Call in at anytime for coffee or a full meal and I am you will get a genuine Italian style welcome from the lovely owner and his staff.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Auckland, New Zealand
“Good food but a little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I've been here several times and my favourite dish so far is the Carbonara. It's rich, creamy and the bacon is well cooked. Service there is great, the guys there are friendly and they never fail to make my friends and I laugh. It is a little pricey though..

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
covo_11, Owner at Covo, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
hi there Ivan here from covo.

i ve read your review and i wanna to tank you for it.

after i read your email i felt a bit surprise for your title and your comments if you compare ours

prices with the chains around like La Porchetta or Hell pizza or pizza Hut ...well then yes you right!

but if you compare the quality ( our pasta it s freshly done on Fort st everyday ) there is no way they

can get any closer to us.

i hope you understand that and you keep coming to see us for a quality friendly atmosphere

garnish with a smile

ciao

ivan

The Don of covo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Best Italian in Auckland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked a table for three last Saturday night, I had friends visiting from out of town and we needed a good BYO with vegetarian options that was close to Britomart. This place fit the bill PERFECTLY!

The place is very small so I highly recommend booking, and it was full all night from the moment we arrived till the time we left. The waiter was very friendly, swiftly placed our bottles of wine in the fridge and opened one for us. He kept our water and wine glasses full all evening.

Food was amazing, full of flavour and also extremely well priced, plus the catered for my friends wanting to share a pizza but with different toppings on each side. There was still room for desert and we tried the two different options on offer.

The place had a great atmosphere, the waiter even offering us multiple lemoncello shots after our meal.

I will be back, it's a great location (you can walk to Britomart afterwards), the food is amazing, the staff are wonderfull and it's very, very affordable.

• Visited October 2012
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Grey Lynn delicious pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

On two occasions we have enjoyed the most delicious pizza's at Covo Grey Lynn. It is so exciting when a wonderful restaurant is discovered. My husband, daughter and I decided to "try it out" just before we left for vacation to Fiji, we were there around 6.15pm and patronage was light, we wondered just how popular this place was. It did not take long for us to find out. We all ordered pizza, I am vegetarian and mine was tops, as were the other two. We took our own bottle of wine, our server was attentive, so polite and well groomed. The place began to fill from around 6.30 or so and by the time we left it was at capacity. On our return from Fiji, my husband and I went back to Covo's. It was at capacity so we sat at the bar and ordered takeaway pizza and enjoyed a delicious glass of wine from their menu. The staff are superb, happy to engage with the patrons, and under pressure were amazing. So to summarize, delicious food, great wine list, fantastic staff, great location, easy parking, good pricing, clean toilets, not much more to say really, just a wonderful dining experience. Go and enjoy.

• Visited August 2012