“Great half day tour of Auckland!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 158 Activities in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the real New Zealand with Milestone Tours. We specialise in day tours and shore excursions in and around Auckland. Enjoy Auckland's city sights and picturesque beaches or come with us to Waitomo, Rotorua, Taupo, Hobbiton, Coromandel, Matakana or the Bay of Islands.Our half day, one day and two day tours will help you make the most of your stay in Auckland. With a maximum of 10 guests, our high-quality, small-group tours showcase the best of New Zealand's scenery, culture and history. If you would prefer a private tour please contact us. We can tailor an itinerary to your requirements for 2 - 20 guests.
Gisborne, New Zealand
“Great half day tour of Auckland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I booked this tour for the day my family arrived at AKL from SFO at 6AM as a good way to keep them up and moving as well as give them an idea of all that Auckland has to offer. We all thoroughly enjoyed the sightseeing, Ewald, and his sense of humor. He was also very patient with my parents as they are older and move a little slower. I would highly recommend this Auckland Discovery tour!

Visited October 2013

Thornton, Australia
17 attraction reviews
“Wonderful tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We booked in advance after reading such wonderful reviews on Ewalds milestone tours picked up promptly from our hotel another couple joined us and we also had an extra guide Maina on board. We covered a lot of interesting sites which we couldn't have done ourselves. Very informative and interesting 1/2 day so well spent. Left to wander mission beach and have lunch at leisure then off again. A wonderful tour which I cannot recommend highly enough. So glad we did this. Thank you Tripadvisor for pointing us in the right direction. Well worth all my trawling thru reviews thank you Ewald & Marina for such a wonderful day in Auckland.

Visited October 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“Day trip to Rotorua and Waitomo Caves”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Initially I had wanted a two day trip however it proved uneconomical. Some people initially flinch at the initial price but as we traveled and checked out the entry prices to each attraction it is easy to see where the money is spent. I am so glad I chose Ewald and Milestone tours for this one day trip. It certainly is a packed day beginning at 6.00 am for me. Ewald offered to pick me up from North Auckland (for a fee) and we were thoroughly entertained from then on. It easy to see Ewald's great passion for his adopted land. He shared his own experiences and was extremely helpful with advice. The tours of the Thermal Village and mud pools were excellent. The Coach was excellent and air conditioned. The driving was excellent and the Waitomo Caves were awesome. This is a long day and most of us dozed on the way back. I would highly recommend Milestone Tours.

Visited September 2013
17 attraction reviews
“Highly recommend this tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We made a last minute booking for a day tour of Auckland. Ewald was very flexible to pick us up at the hotel, customize the tour and eventually drop us off at the airport. His cost was very reasonable. He was very informative. He gave us adequate time to have a meal and see the sights. I would highly recommend him.

Visited August 2013
Hong Kong
8 attraction reviews
“all the good things people are saying are true!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a chance to visit New Zealand for 7 days and we spent more than half the trip with Milestone and it was definitely a correct choice! Like everyone is saying, Ewald is a true professional and awesome guide. He is very knowledgable, friendly, helpful and best of all, flexible. We went to Hobbiton, Matakana, Taupo / Rotorua with Ewald and all of them were enjoyable. Just let Ewald know what you wanna do / where you wanna go, from convenience stores, to souvenir shops, to farmers' markets, to tourist spots, Ewald knows them all and won't fail to impress you. If you are looking for tours to join in Auckland, Milestone tours is your choice!

Visited August 2013