“Wonderful Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 158 Activities in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: If you want a fun day out with a real local tour guide we are the one to look after you.We only take small groups out and each day is never the same as the day before,we go further and fit more into the day than anyone else leaving you wanting more but also going at your pace.Our tours are for anyone who likes a little adventure, a BIG thankyou for all the wonderful feedback we really enjoy our days out with you.We would love to show you my favorite places :)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We spent 6 hours with Terry and had a wonderful time seeing Auckland and surrounding areas. Terry tailored the day to our needs and was knowledgeable and fun. Highly recommend this tour!

Visited January 2013

New York City, New York
“Full day from Auckland to Piha and Rain Forest with Absolute Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had a great time on this tour.
Was picked up at 10:00 am at my accommodation in Auckland and dropped off at about 5:00-5:30 pm back in Auckland.
Terry was my tour guide and he was excellent! Born in Auckland he has extensive knowledge of the area! He took me to a local fruit store on the way to try the yellow kiwi and on the way back stopped to allow me to get some Kiwi ice-cream; for lunch he took me to the local surfers convenience store to buy meat pie and P&G (I'm not from NZ and that was my first time in the country so it was all new to me!).
We hiked in the beautiful rain forest and then headed to Piha Beach at low tide (sometimes he does the tour reversed based on the tide condition at Piha) - Piha was amazing, breathtaking!
Terry was sharing lots of info and anecdotes. He was very considerate, polite and funny!
The tour is a little bit pricey but definitely worth it - there's no other way you can do this unless you drive your own vehicle, but then rainforest would be a little tricky I think without a tour guide. Piha can definitely be reached and enjoyed by own means.
Great experience!

Visited January 2013
Canberra, Australia
46 attraction reviews
“Excellent tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Terry offers a great tour service, we went on a 2 hour city tour with Terry just our family of 4. It was very personalised, much better than previous group tours we have been on. Would definitely recommend Absolute tours.

Atlanta
11 attraction reviews
“Great Way to See Auckland and Surroundings .....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Quick note on "Bad Experience's" comments. We must have been in Auckland on the same ship and same day. We were also aware of Terri's circumstance and did not know in advance. However, we walked down to the Tourist Information Kiosk at the end of the street leading to the terminal. There we inquired about Terry's whereabouts and shortly were hooked up with the guide that Terri had arranged for us in his place.

New Zealanders are a terrific group of people. Very friendly and seem to be looking out for each other. The tour we had with Mike was private, like getting together with a close friend who lives in Auckland who showed us the sights. We went on the all day tour to Phia Beach. Well worth it. Mike seemed to know exactly when to stop at the various sights to avoid the crowds. We were always just ahead of the throngs of buses pulling up just as we were leaving. Mike is one of those gregarious, fun loving New Zealanders who kept us laughing the whole trip. An enjoyable day.

Visited December 2012
Seattle
“Great day for a hike!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

With a short time in Auckland I wanted to be sure to get outside the city. My sister and I found Terry on Trip Advisor and booked a tour for the next day. He confirmed our tour and was there ready to go on schedule. Terry was very friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. He tailored our hiking portion based off our previous hiking experience.I felt like I was hiking with my friends while still learning and seeing new things. If I had more time I would have taken advantage of an extended tour with Terry. Until next time...Thanks Julia, Seattle

Visited December 2012