“Pleasant.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Pleasant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Ate here while visiting New Zealand from the UK. We had lunch and coffee while visiting Mission Bay and it was lovely. I would reccomend if you're looking for a tasty, good priced lunch.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
“Choose somewhere else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

First of all, we were seated in the far, back corner of the venue, despite there being ample available tables at the front. There was a 40 minute wait for our breakfast during which time we weren't seen at all, despite there being ample staff and few customers. My meal was so greasy it could hardly stay on the plate (the bacon, rosti and sausage all appeared to be deep fried) - very disappointing. I would have gladly offered this feedback in person, but all that was said when we went to the counter was "are you paying together? Or, separately?" Choose somewhere else to dine if you're in the lovely Mission Bay.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Reliable and with a good selection and fair prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Another local for me and been here a number of times for brunch, lunch and just coffee and cake. Usually very reliable but the last time was a little disappointed. My friend had the seafood chowder which was generous but more like soup than chowder. It could be improved. I just had coffee and cake as it was mid afternoon. Sometimes the cake is fresher than other times and this needs to be noted as the cake cabinet does offer some very nice choices. Service is quick and friendly. However it can be very noisy when full as the noise reverberates around the interior. It is not so enjoyable then but at least it does have a buzzy atmosphere. We never sit outside as the fumes from the traffic is too close for comfort. Seating outside is only on the pavement.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“One of my Favourite Cafes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have visited this cafe many times. We always receive friendly service and the food is excellent. Not a huge menu but what they do, they do well and I prefer quality to quantity.
I love the fact that you can pop in for a coffee or a bowl of chips or a full blown three course meal and you are treated with the same courtesy.
The cake cabinet is amazing and I can thoroughly recommend popping in for cake after a trip to the cinema next door!
Mission Bay is always buzzing so sit towards the front of the cafe or outside and you can "people watch" to your hearts content! Enjoy!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Taipei
“Warm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I visited Auckland in June 2013. My son and his friend, Jimmy, took me for a walk at Mission Bay. It was almost winter time and the outside was windy and a little cold. But Mission Bay Cafe was right there to offer warmth and a lift of heart. I liked the onion rings best. Its decor is simple but tasteful. Seats are many and space is big. The staff were nice and very helpful. They showed enthusiasm about their jobs. I admire that spirit. In all, a great nice to stay in any season. Along the roadside, there are other cafes worth visiting. I will try them when I come to Mission Bay again.

• Visited June 2013