We ( 2 adults and 1 teenager) stayed for 14 days ( jan 2013 ) and considered that the standard room was not 4.5 stars, mainly due to the following reasons :
* the second bedroom contained a bed and a wardrobe - there was no side table or reading lamp (the hotel said that it was only provided in the main bedroom !) They did provide these when we complained. You could only fit one side table and that required putting the bed up against one wall. You cannot shut out the light from the main bedroom if that room light is on, ( and vice
versa ) making it totally unsatisfactory if the two sets of occupants want to sleep at different times. We asked about possibly moving rooms but were told that all standard rooms were the same so we didn't bother.
* the main bedroom is a very odd shape, making it very awkward to get around and to access the wardrobe - it's very pokey
*there is nowhere to put suitcases
* no DVD player
* the low backed lounge is very uncomfortable for anyone other than a child, and is also too big a style for the room, encroaching on space
*the cooktop is poorly positioned so as to increase likelihood of burning yourself whilst cooking
*the ironing board cover was so thin you ended up imprinting one's clothes with it
*no basic toiletries were supplied - would have thought for a 14 day stay they could throw in a bit of shampoo and conditioner
*there is not a single piece of microwave cookware
*we only got 2 room services during our stay
Having said all that it is a convenient location and the beds were nice and firm.
Since leaving all the above feedback at the hotel, to date we have not heard from them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Stadium is the Waldorf Group's premiere apartment hotel in New Zealand. Situated in the heart of Auckland City, these luxury self contained apartments offer guests high quality accommodation close to all of the attractions Auckland City has to offer. Self cater in your spacious apartment, with a large 24hr Supermarket located across the road from Waldorf Stadium, or enjoy one of the many dining options Auckland City has to offer. Britomart, just 400m away is Auckland's newest entertainment precinct and is home to boutique and international fashion stores, and some of the best restaurants and bars the city has to offer. Vector Arena Auckland's 12,000 seat venue is a short stroll from Waldorf Stadium, as are the recently developed Waterfront areas, Queen Street and Auckland's Transport Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HostelBookers, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stadium Waldorf Apartments Auckland
- Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel Auckland, New Zealand