On booking the apartment, I requested an extra rollaway (as the deal I got was for 2 queen rooms), at reception on checking in they informed us the rollaway would be in the room - it wasn't. I had to ask several times for it before it was delivered (15 yr old desparately needed a sleep). The main room had its own wall mounted telly, wardrobe & only 1 side table, it was quite small. The other room also had a queen bed, a wardrobe and no other furniture (lamps or bedside tables) and there was no room for the rollaway in there so that had to be placed in the lounge dining area. The bathroom was fine with laundry facilities. The kitchen was equipped with basic kitchen cockery and a dishdrawer. There was only 3 dining chairs (despite requesting an extra stool/chair, reception said no can do). We managed with bringing an unweildy balcony chair in so we could eat together on Christmas day. We left a plastic shopping bag of groceries near the kitchen bin (it was very obviously tins, packets of unopened rice/pasta, etc) and the cleaning staff disposed of it (???). After enquiring with management, we were compensated with complimentary parking (which is $18 per day in next door building).
Recommend for short stays and but not for families (unless correct bedding configuration is available). It is a new. clean modern place but not particularly close to anything, however supermarket, cafes, Britomart, shops all walkable within 5-15 mins. Really close to the Stadium off course.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Stadium is the Waldorf Group's premiere apartment hotel in New Zealand. Situated in the heart of Auckland City, these luxury self contained apartments offer guests high quality accommodation close to all of the attractions Auckland City has to offer. Self cater in your spacious apartment, with a large 24hr Supermarket located across the road from Waldorf Stadium, or enjoy one of the many dining options Auckland City has to offer. Britomart, just 400m away is Auckland's newest entertainment precinct and is home to boutique and international fashion stores, and some of the best restaurants and bars the city has to offer. Vector Arena Auckland's 12,000 seat venue is a short stroll from Waldorf Stadium, as are the recently developed Waterfront areas, Queen Street and Auckland's Transport Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HostelBookers, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stadium Waldorf Apartments Auckland
- Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel Auckland, New Zealand