The owners have changed from Chifley Suites to Barclay Suites.
The location is good, being less than 100 mtrs from the popular Queen St and a leisurely 10 minute stroll away from the marina with its restaurants. Whilst the entrance to the apartment block is small - sandwiched between a coffee bar and an alley way; and the lift lobbies on each floor have been left with their original concrete finish - the interior of the rooms is very good.
Our room was on a high floor at the back of the block overlooking other high rise accommodation and business premises. It benefited from a long balcony, just wide enough to take a chair. The living area contained a table and two chairs, a TV and two sofas and occasional tables. The well-equipped kitchen was more than adequate for those who want to self-cater. The bathroom could be accessed from either the hallway or the separate bedroom and in addition to the toilet, basin and walk-in shower, also contained a washing machine.
A floor-standing fan and electric heater were also provided but as is normal in NZ; no air-conditioning. Windows and balcony doors can be left open to provide a flow of cooling air.
The internal decor is white walls with grey/brown carpet. The impression is that it was recently refurbished. They charge for WiFi which is supplied by a third party and it is not cheap. More and more establishments now offer this as a free service for guests so the management should review their policy. There is a cafe across the road (towards Victoria Street) that offers a good breakfast and free WiFi.
It is ideal place to spend a few days while exploring all that Auckland has to offer. We would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Qualmark 4.5 star rated Barlcay Suites Auckland is only 100 metres from Queen St, in the heart of the CBD - and look out for fresh new suite decor in 2014! With an average of 50 sq metres per suite, there are 110 one or two bedroom configurations to choose from. Each suite is fitted with contemporary furnishings, quality kitchen and laundry appliances along with full self catering facilities. A special feature in all two bedroom suites is the inclusion of two bathrooms. We have thought of everything for your stay - flat screen TV, SKY TV, broadband internet access (fee applies), stereo with iPod/MP3 playout to name just a few of our features. Enjoy the sparkle of the Waitemata Harbour from our Harbour View suites or enjoy the fast pace of the city in our CBD View suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Barclay Suites Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chifley Suites Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Barclay Suites Auckland New Zealand