“Dont eat all day before going here.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Dont eat all day before going here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The food is great. The selection they offer you is staggering. The meat is all cooked very nicely. Just when you think you’ve tried everything they bring out something else. I suggest trying a little, little bit of everything that takes your fancy so you can fit everything in!! Oh and don’t wear tight pants.

Visited December 2011

Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Cocktails were to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I loved this little restaurant/bar during my visit to Auckland. I dined here once and loved the food but the main reason I kept returning was for the cocktails and the ambience. Its in a great location, and my friends and I sat outside overlooking the quay long into the night. When it got cold, the staff put on the heaters for us to warm us up. I came down here on my own one day and had a cocktail and read my book in the sun and the staff were lovely, kind and accomodating. The cocktails were a little pricey, but worth it.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Not very authentic churrascaria.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Went to wildfire and was very underwhelmed by it. Most Brazilian place have a lot of salad and sides to accompany that you can get at your own pace. THey typically have several meat options ith different seasoning options. Thiis on did not. I had mussels and salmon high are also served table side. No real salads and no veggie options. They also have time base pricing so if u go between 5-7 it's 10$ cheaper hat after. They have a 10$ add on for salt and pepper prawns and $10 option add on for desert. Caipirinha's are made with an obscure cachaca and lemons with cooking sugar, so it's not really that good. It's the wort one I've every had. I asked for using limes in it and was told we use lemons. I've been to rio and us-based c-rias; both were way better than what I received. I would not go again buy apparently this is all Auckland has so for the locals that haven't travelled it sounds like its the best thing since sliced bread.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great way of dining in a group.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were part of a group of 12 celebrating a friends birthday. The meal is a set price and with only one bill per table it made it easier to organise payment into birthday boy's bank account before the night in question. With that out the way all we had to do was enjoy the evening. The meal kicks off with a selection of antipasti style food, marinated mushrooms, sliced cold cuts, stuffed baby bell peppers, breads, dips etc for the table. Those dishes are cleared away to make way for the main event, vegies in the form of broccoli, cauliflower (with a bit of cheese sauce) and roast potatoes (all cooked well) were put on the table, the little stop/go indicator was switched to green and we were off. The variety of meat and seafood on offer was staggering, I think I counted three different cuts of beef, chicken, sausages, pork, lamb, calamari, salmon, mussels, pasta etc. You definitely have to be a meat and or seafood eater to visit Wildfire. The vegies get replaced as the plates empty, so there is not fear of running out of accompaniaments to the meat. I think our little indicator was switched a couple of times as people took breathers, which is part of the feasting ritual. Birthday boy was given the in house treatment, where a number of the staff gather around to sing Happy Birthday Portuguese style which includes alot of clapping and singing and we joined in with heart, despite not knowing the words. Not a place for quiet romantic couples dining, but other than that it's good for an informal gathering for any other reason.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hays
“If you like meat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We went to Wildfire while on a tour of New Zealand. It was a fantastic experience, particularly if you like meat! The service was excellent and you could not go away hungry. It is downtown and convenient to hotels and other Auckland attractions. Maybe a bit noisy when they are busy, which is most evenings.

• Visited March 2012