“Malicious Reviews what a shame.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1,563 Restaurants in Perth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opus is Perth's most glamorous dining experience.Expect inventive cuisine with French origins and modern Australian fresh flavours. Using the finest West Australian ingredients, our Executive Chef Nathan Thomas presents his creations in seasonal menus, reflecting the availability of local produce.
Perth, Australia
“Malicious Reviews what a shame.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have been to Opus on many great occasions and was there again last Saturday for dinner. As I was about to write this review, something I have been promising to do for some time, I was surprised to read two recent unbelievable reviews - someone sure must have an axe to grind!
For my husband and I we have always enjoyed Opus and while there have been staff changes with new wait staff, the quality is always consistently very good. Last Saturday night was great, except for a small error in the order taking which was quickly fixed. We particularly liked the smoked trout to start and my husband's steak was just right. I had the venison which was cooked to perfection. The soufflé is to die for and we shared this as it is extra large. Looking forward to our next visit and the new chef's menu.

Australind- WA
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

A total dining experience the atmosphere is wonderful and warm the staff amazing and attentive but not to much so, although it is quite pricey we felt it represented value for money.
My daughter had the lamb myself the red emperor both of which were cooked to mouth watering perfection.
We choose the selection of desserts which are mini servings of all desserts on the menu it was amazing if somewhat difficult to get through but hugely satisfying trying, would recommend to friends and family.

Perth, Australia
“It has lost the wow factor and needs to re-focus on the food and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was here just under 2 months ago with work and had a amazing meal (one of the best ever). this time i thought to bring my wife for here birthday.First the bread is bought in now ( not home made like before) and was cold. The starters were spot on and we could fault them. The main courses rib eye was over cooked as i asked for medium rare and it was meduim. My wifes red emperor was cooked well but was a bit salty and there was a peice of soggy serrano ham that was unedible.We shared our dessert which was the blueberry tart which was nice. $12 for two cappuccino's is expensive,.They were poorly made and for that price you should have proper foamed milk and some sort of pattern on them from the foamed milk. The service was like the was nobody to lead the restaurant and needs a restaurant manager to take control. Also in the fine dining all the dishes should be explained to you so you know everything on the plate. Maybe this was an off day for Opus.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I'm very much a foodie and sometime feel that some restaurant care more about presentation then about the taste of the food itself. The KILTED CHEF is definitely not one of them, the atmosphere and decor of the restaurant it beautiful and the staff were friendly and informative, about all the different meal ( which I love). The presentation of the food would please even Gordon Ramsey, but what blew it all was the taste and texture of the food. It was to die for. Possible one of the best meals I have ever had, the Venison my partner had melted in your mouth and my lamb.. well it hard to explain in word how tasty it was. I would definitely recommend anyone to go there, and have been raving about it to any of my friends who will listen. I'm already dropping hint to my partner for my up and coming birthday.

• Visited October 2013
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

A marvelous dining experience. We had the scallops for entree and the Venison and Red Emperor for mains. My husband couldn't manage dessert but I had the Blueberry Vanilla Tart. Amazing. The best meal we have had in Perth for a very long time.