Went there for lunch based on previous recommendations on Trip Advisor.
The place was empty at 1PM that wednesday except a couple of Asian girls eating at one table, not a good sign but I had walked far to get there and wanted to get some Beef Rendang.
Ordered a Beef Rendang for AUD 14 and got it fairly quickly.
Good points :
- came with a side dish with crisp vegetables in a coconut milk red curry that was good, not anything special but good.
- lots of rice with the beef, quite filling (had a light dinner that day).
- did not get sick afterwards.
Bad points :
- Beef had A LOT of fat in it, sauce was not hot/spicy enough and too sweet compared to the good rendangs I have eaten in the past.
- Cook had been in contact with a cat. There was a single cat hair on the beef, and another one in the side curry vegetables, not that big a deal, didn't make a fuss about it.
If you own or manage Vinh Hong Vietnamese Chinese & Malaysian Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.