“Once in a while is okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #435 of 1,471 Restaurants in Perth
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Perth, Australia
“Once in a while is okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

View is superb. Other than that, food seems to be quite overpriced considering the price and the portion. The Barramundi is quite tasteless and dry. The steak also needs improvement.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Mount Lawley, Australia
“Great setting and meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a great location with a well thought out decor and layout that creates lots of intimate spaces.

The meal was good and the service was good, although it did take time for the waitress to show some personality.

Can be difficult to get in, so think about booking.

Visited October 2013
“I wished I had read ALL of the negative reviews!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

A party of 8 looking forward to a great Friday night with no expenses spared,what a waste of time, from poor & slow customer service, if you can call it that! To waiting an hr in between entree & mains, only then to recieve cold barramundi that was sent back and was dry & tasteless. We asked for it NOT to be microwaved and was assured of this. Our 'fresh' meal was set down and we were told 'your meal has definately been made fresh' ! Only to find it was infact our old meal, as a good clue was it came back within 5mins & 1 bite was missing. We couldn't eat it all. Piping hot now & tasteless.
Operating this venue are young inexperienced staff in this industry inc the manager ... Who had no choice but to deal with our dissatisfaction & kindly oblige to our request & have the charges removed from our bill, with Apologies & Embarrassment.
So disappointing & will never go back.
Next time our party of 8 will be enjoying a home cooked dinner party for a third of the cost.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“A big let down!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Had high hopes on a hotelier's recommendation, but was let down with the quality of the food and service on a Friday night! I took along a family friend and we both ordered the fillet of pink snapper from the main menu. I was looking forward to a lovely moist piece of lightly pan fried fish (Snapper) - where the flakes of flesh gently falling away (and so was my companion) but after almost an hour, we both received a cold, tough, over-cooked, rubbery piece of fish and some diced lettuce as the side salad on our respective plates. It was the WORST piece of cooked fish I have ever had in my adult life, and my friend wasn't impressed either. I didn't send it back for fear of having to wait another hour! I shouldn't have paid $37 (x2) for both plates, but I didn't want to make a scene. This dressed up venue serves booze and fancy pub food, and if you're lucky you might get a nice feed. Maybe I should stuck to Steak n Chips!

Visited September 2013
Dubai
“It's The Royal! Same as always.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I'd being going to the Royal for years...it used to be near to work and made for an easy lunch with colleagues. It has a good atmosphere and a decent menu. Sitting outside on a fine day is one of life's pleasures. But as always on this most recent trip the food was expensive and pretty standard with fairly small portions. I must say the service was actually pretty good for The Royal.

• Visited August 2013