“Excellent food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Friends Restaurant

Friends Restaurant
Hyatt Centre | 20 Terrace Road, Perth, Western Australia 6004, Australia (East Perth)
(08) 9221 0885
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1,531 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: East Perth
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

This is wife and my third visit to friends and the quality of the food and wine and the service continues to be excellent.
We have found the owners and staff to be friendly and engaging.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
“Nice to go out and be spoilt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Last minute decision to go out for dinner on a Friday night and was lucky to get a table for 2.
When we arrived we were given the option to have a drink at the bar which we took up. My husband had a Jamieson and coke while I had a special mock tail made up for me (they do not have a menu for non alcoholic drinks but were more than happy to accommodate).
When we felt ready we requested to be seated and was done so promptly. The matri'd was very friendly and even came over to have a quick chat.
The menu was set out nicely with set prices for each course.
For our entree I requested the soup and my hubby requested the salmon, both were really nice and beautifully presented and the size was a perfect entree size.
For our mains I went with the pork and my hubby went with the kangaroo. Both again, were nicely presented and surprising filling.
Unfortunately the choice I made for dessert was not the correct one. I chose the chocolate and Carmel fondant with a strawberry sauce. The strawberry sauce had a bitter after taste, which to me was not pleasant. My hubby went for the eclair which was wayyyy bigger than we both expected, but he enjoyed it and almost finished the whole thing.
Highly recommend this place for a fine dining experience.

“Bland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is to over rated the food was very average and everything under seasoned, presentation average and not what you would expect from a fine dining establishment the service on the other hand was great was to the wine list but worth another visit?

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Perth
“Excellent service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Went to friends for a christmas party and i must say was astounded by the level of service.

A small venue however staff were excellent at making sure each and every glass was full ALL the time and every need was met.

Food was fantastic and you could not ask for a better steak.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Australia
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Went here on 29th Dec 2012 whilst on a 3 day break in Perth. Everything, from the ambience of the venue, to the spectacular sunset from our seats was perfect. The friendly staff could not do more for you and the food was prepared and delivered with love. The complimentary appetizers and palate cleansers were a delightful finishing touch. The smoked salmon entree was like a landscape picture on a plate and included some very interesting items to tantalise the taste buds. The Kangaroo melted in your mouth and the praline souffle that was recommended to me didn't dissappoint. Top this off with a fantastic selection of recommended wines to accompany each course and we ended up with a faultless night out..... Hard to top it the next day:)

• Visited December 2012