“Great steakhouse with salad bar” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: African, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Western Australia, Australia
“Great steakhouse with salad bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Enjoyed our dinner here. We had the Sirloin Zambezia and the Gokwe garlic rump. All main courses can come with the salad bar which we went for, and also with chips. My sirloin steak was huge and came with prawns on Piri Piri sauce. I asked for medium rare, it was a bit more cooked to my liking, but still nice and the prawns were perfect. The Gokwe garlic rump on garlic and cream sauce was cooked perfectly rare to my friend's liking. We loved the shoestring fries and finished it all. We really liked the salad bar which came with our steaks, there are not many steakhouses I know of which provides that, it is a perfect accompaniment to such hearty meals.
Zebras has great decor, and is cosy and roomy. It is well-priced with all the things included with the main course, including the sauce with the steaks whereas other steakhouses would charge you extra for that, and also bread to start with. We were given water straight away without asking, and our steaks came not too long after while we were occupied with the tasty salads. Great all-round, I would get a smaller steak next time so I can try their ostrich.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“110 out of 100”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Decided to go to Zebras after hearing good comments from a regular customer(I am a Bar Manager). Wow!!! Everything was fantastic. Particularly liked the open fire out the front as it was a bit of a chilly night. Enjoyed a couple of cocktails here before our meals.
The food was sensational. I had the Bobtie, a spiced mince dish, as an entree, amazing.
Chicken for main with a peri peri sauce. Service was some of best in Perth, special mention to Louise for looking after us and great recommendations.
Only down point, a little courtyard area out back which looked liked it has been ignored for some time. A little bit of love n time in this area could turn it into a great place to enjoy a summer meal.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Geraldton, Australia
“A taste of HOME”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

What a lovely welcoming 'smell' when you arrive. The smell of wood burning on a open fire pit outside by the bar.
We arrived earlier than our intended time but still had a great welcome and shown to our table straight away. We ordered Crocodile kebabs, venison and Bobotjie (my daughters main meal) off the starters menu. My kebabs were a little chewy, but the Venison and Bobotjie were lovely.
My husband and I both had steaks for Mains and they were cooked to perfection.
Drinks wise - 'He' had a yeast beer (i think that is what it was called) and it was so nice he ended up having more than one.
We didn't stay for dessert but they did look lovely.

Price wise - no more or less expensive than any other restaurant in WA.

Yes, we would return!!

Visited April 2013
“African delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Came with my wife and son, great place with amazing food. I recommend this place to every one that I know, it is a great family environment.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Great fillet steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Steak was cooked to perfection served on a hot plate.
Chips were a bit cold and soggy but I was there for the steak thankfully.
Very helpful and friendly staff.
Only negative is the owner of the place, very impolite grumpy old man.

• Visited January 2013