“Lovely Evening” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Paducah, Kentucky
“Lovely Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were in Perth on business, meeting a sales rep who lives in Adelaide. He had been to Sorrento before and asked if we minded a walk from our hotel. It was a very nice change from the city center. We ate outdoors, even in the Perth winter, and with the warmers it was perfect. Our service was spendid. The waiter did not hover but was very attentive just the same. We shared a pizza for a starter. My husband had the best lamb he had the entire time he was in Australia. Lamb shanks braised with grappa, Italian herbs and tomato.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

perth
“Enjoyable atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have a dear friend getting treatment for cancer and decided to treat him and his wife to a night out for dinner.
We had our 12 week old with us and were greeted warmly and personally by a sweet older patron whom must be part of the management of the restaurant who picked up our son for a cuddle and a chat then showed us to our seating.
The seating was a little cramped but we had ample room for our pram and it was well clear of all thoroughfares.
We started what was described as chilli garlic mussels but seemed to lack either ingredient plus the mussels were tiny but the mystery sauce was tasty enough and we were starving.
My wife and I had lasagne while our friends had a pizza and a pasta dish, the serves were generous and very tasty.
We loved the happy polite staff and overall the food was delicious but I would skip the chilli garlic mussels.
All up 2 entrée 1 beer,2 lemon squashes, 2 bottles of sparkling water and our 4 mains cost $ 159.
Not bad for the service and the nice old lady who also personally seen us to the exit when we were leaving..

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nice Italian!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Great place for authentic Italian food. Service was quick and friendly. Loved Mama who greeted us and talked about the food!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Death by Salt Pizza!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I visited Sorrento Restaurant last week, on Friday evening. It was around 7pm, and very quiet, so we were able to be seated at a table of our choice immediately. We were approached by three different floor staff initially, offering us drinks, and to take our order. As a starter, I ordered the chilli mussels. The sauce did not seem to actually have chilli in, and was nice, but a little boring. It was a basic tomato based sauce, and nothing special. My partner chose the Prosciutto
crudo & buffalo bocconcini. When it came out, it was basically just ham and cheese! A few slices of Prosciutto, and a bit of bocconcini. There was no dressing, olive oil, salad etc. We had ordered the bread basket, so he used the ciabatta to make little sandwiches. Without the bread, he said it was a terrible starter, lacking a dressing or salad.

My main was the Capricciosa pizza; cheese, tomato, ham, mushrooms, olives, anchovies. Now I appreciate that anchovies and olives can be very salty, but this pizza was ridiculously salty. It was verging on inedible. (That evening in bed, I woke up three times with such a strong thirst, I had to get up and drink a pint of water!) The pizza base was paper thin, and the tomato sauce lacked the sweetness a good pizza should have. On the plus, the chef was not stingy with the olives, which I often find in restaurants. My partner chose the calzone, which he enjoyed, but said he had had much better many times before.

After the main, we opted to share a dessert of chocolate cake. It tasted like cardboard, and was clearly shop bought - and a little on the stale side. We only had a few bites each, then left the rest. We both ordered a cappuccino, which was actually really nice - the highlight of the meal for me!

Which shared a bottle of Chardonnay, which was average at best.

The bill came to $110.00, which I felt was a waste of money as I was really disappointed. My partner enjoyed it a it more than me, but also would not return.

And on an additional note, throughout the meal we were harassed endlessly by several fruit flies hovering around our table, and we spent the duration of the meal batting them away (perhaps to other customers we appeared to be wildly gesturing to one another in an amusing way).

All in all, there are better quality Italian restaurants nearby which I prefer.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“I can do it at home”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

The positives were friendly owner and service, the atmosphere of the place was good and the quality of the ingredients was faultless, which is all a plus.
However it laked in presentation, specially for the antipasto. I do better than than on an informal invitation at home. The pizza was good and honest but not exceptional. The squid was delicious with the salad clean, fresh and well dressed. The ravioli was raw which is a pity as the taste was nice. The spaghetti was cooked correctly but there was nothing outstanding or nothing that I could not do easely in ten minutes at home, so paying that much money for that is a bit disappointing. Desserts are over priced too at over A$10. And no Cassata ice cream!

• 3 of 5 stars Food