“As expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jackson's Restaurant

Jackson's Restaurant
483 Beaufort St., Perth, Western Australia 6003, Australia (Perth CBD)
(08) 9328 1177
Improve this listing
Ranked #88 of 1,459 restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
“As expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Excellent service on arrival and throughout the night. Faultless service, by far the best we have had in Perth.
We had degustation for the food- it was great but not as wonderful as I had expected - we had high expectations from friends and other reviews. It was good but some of the choices were limited. If you dont like game meat or anything extraordinary I am not sure if you can enjoy the dishes as they were very different and there is no alternatives- that is what degustation is and if you don't like a dish you can't interchange (this is true for most if not all degustation restaurants)

Maybe it was the menu for that type of degustation we had, but I found the menu and the compliments of the dishes a little odd- we are not adventurous eaters!

However, we will definately go again when the menu changes, as I have heard this place is incredible and worth going a few times to check out the different seasonality of the menu. At this stage Opus Restaurant is still number 1 for us, but looking forward to the great service and ambiance and food again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Brisbane
“Amazing food and exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Jackson's definitely lived up to the hype. We had the dego menu and loved every course. We are rarely blown away by food and Jackson's did exactly that. The food was absolutely amazing and so was the service. Our waiter was so passionate about the food and wine and it was an all round great night. I highly recommend Jackson's for a special night out. It's expensive but definitely worth it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Went for my wife's birthday the service was great from minute we arrived. Attentive but not pushy. The food was presented well and it was just divine. We eat at many fine dining spots and this is up there. Try for the private booths as they look great. Couldn't fault and will be back. Thanks for makings wife's night special.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“My favourite in Perth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I dine here at least 4 times a year, usually when the degustation menu changes.

It is my favourite place in Perth as I find the food and wines are always delicious, fun and interesting.

The service is also spot on. With friendly banter and informative discussion about the food and wine it suits me perfectly and fitted the mood of my last visit spot on.

I recommend it to everyone living in or visiting Perth.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Australia
“Not bad, but would like to see more good Aususie wines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had the A La Carte. All my food choices were fantastic, memorable and would go back just to eat those again. However, not all my partner's choices were great - the duck was a little over-done and chewy. While the food prices were OK (around $45 for mains), the wines seem very over-priced for what they were - paying $60-80 for a bottle of so-so wine seems a little rich. Would have liked to see more good Australian wines on offer - it seemed that most of our good stuff, including Margaret River, was not available. The focus seems to be on European wines, and they certainly had some interesting varieties to try. The staff seemed very knowledgeable about the wines.

Visited June 2013