“Degustation dull and boring” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jackson's Restaurant - CLOSED

Jackson's Restaurant
483 Beaufort St., Perth, Western Australia 6003, Australia (Perth CBD)
(08) 9328 1177
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Degustation dull and boring”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was looking forward to Jackson and indeed the place is warm, buzzy, nice atmostphere, with reasonable service on the night I attended (Saturday 21st) but overall I was disappointed with the food. To tell you the truth it was unmemorable. I couldn't eat the scallop dish so I asked for oyster equivalent and got one oyster. Then the fish was unlively and the pork was just plain dry and dull. We laughed too as two of our colleagues had the vegetarian option and there was nothing interesting at all for them to eat other than something with an egg and a plate of coloured carrots. Vegetarian food can be so much better but I suspect you shouldn't order vegetarian degustation in a normal restaurant. I have heard the normal menu is better so I will try that but really give degustation a big miss unless they know how to do it properly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Had the degustation on sat evening with matched wines,the best thing of the eve was the cocktail to start with.Stuck on a table in the corner staring at the wall all night, was not a great start.
Food wasn't that interesting ,pork main not the best,service & wine were good ,left feeling a bit peckish & bit poorer..maybe next time will try the a la carte menu

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“After many great meals here - this time disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We have eaten here many times andall but the most recent visit have enjoyed it very much. The service is excellent and the food normally also supurb, but on the most recent visit the whilst the entrees were excellent, the main courses were not uop to the standard that we have been used to. And when you are paying top dollar for tp class food you expect it to be great. My wife had duck breast which didn't quite make it and i had Jackos Burger which was interesting, but had way too much meat, was a little overcooked for my taste and was just too plain. A few herbs in the mince beef would have helped enormously. Jackson's have a very extensive wine menu, but the cheaper bottles are marked up just a bit much, probably to subsidise the cellering costs of the more expensive wines.

All in all on this visit we were disappointed

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Food was superb, cocktails delicious, service excellent. The staff knew how to look after you. I would definitely go back to this restaurant. One slight problem was that they ran out of some wines and also some dishes on the menu.

Visited October 2012
Perth, Australia
“The best restaurant in Perth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

A group of four of us had the Dego experience on Saturday night, Wow, what a great meal!
We chose the full degustation meal with choice of standard or permium wines, the ladies had the standard while the guys had the premium wines, I think it's worth a little extra for the premium wines. The Semeller certainly knew what she was talking about and clearly enjoyed telling us about the different wines.
The food was glorious, a little more generous than Amuse, but still quite small, although by the end of the evening, you will have had an adequate sufficiency :-)
We loved the Deja Vu thing at end, I can't tell you about it and spoil the fun, you'll have to go and see it for yourself.
The waiters where all top notch, as youd expect in a restaurant of this quality, being Staurday night, it was obviously full, which was nice to see the place was buzzing.
The only downside I could fine was the location on busy Beaufort St, but given the rest of the experience I'm just nit picking.
All in all it's easily the best restaurant in Perth.

• Visited October 2012