“Not what it was” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Good Fortune Roast Duck House

Good Fortune Roast Duck House
344 William St, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (Perth CBD)
(08) 9228 3293
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Perth, Australia
“Not what it was”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've being going here for year and use to love the food and service, I've noticed the prices going up, and the portion size going down. I would say the amount of meat on each dish about half what it use to be a few years ago

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
“Fantastic price for takeaway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I find that portions are larger When taking away then dining in so I always take away. The duck was delicious and tasty moist but the roast pork was overly dried that day I ate it. Chilli oil was hot and brilliant , fantastic price only 10$ for duck and roast pork rice for takeaway plus you get book choy and pickled cabbages :) yummy, will return.
Fast service and just love love.

Visited July 2013
Antwerp, Belgium
“Delicious duck but disappointing portion-price ratio”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had the boneless roast duck noodles and my husband had 1/2 boneless roast duck with an extra order of egg noodles on the side (because the 1/2 duck doesn't come with noodles).
The taste of the duck was very good.
However, the portions were quite disappointing. We were both still hungry (even with the extra order of noodles) after our meal so we ordered a soup. The soup portion was also very tiny. So in the end we were STILL hungry and we felt we paid too much for the amount of food served.
There are other restaurants in the same street that offer fine duck in bigger portions for the same price.
It was fine for me but not repeatable.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Fast and furious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Dining with my husband we were surprised at the popularity of this restaurant on a weeknight. Our wait for a table was approx 10minutes and once seated service was very fast. Orders taken fast and food served very fast. The food was great, the prices were good - great value for money. However, this is not the place to come if you are after some privacy or time to linger over a meal. Diners are in and out of the restaurant pretty fast. A good place to dine for a quick meal perhaps on the way elsewhere...

Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Best roast duck in Perth, absolutely delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have been here over 6 times over two years and the fact that I keep going back must speak volumes.

I have tasted many roast duck meals across Perth and this place has the best roast duck hands down; you haven't lived until you taste their duck. (And no I am not affiliated with them in any way, this is a very independent review)

Their duck has an extra touch that other duck places lack, it is very very delicious. The duck skin is nice and crispy and just oooohh la la! Make sure that they give you the 2 main sauces that come standard with the duck, they taste great. if you also like vegetables in Asian sauces ask for their Sambal Kang Kong, for some reason it is not listed on the menu but its tastes so good.

Each time I have gone there there is always a queue, sometimes long sometimes short which says a lot about how eager people are to eat there. Go there and enjoy their roast duck.

• Visited January 2013