“Always Consistent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Balthazar Bar Restaurant

Balthazar Bar Restaurant
6 The Esplanade, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (Perth CBD)
+61 8 9421 1206
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 1,531 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Description: Bar scene, special occasion dining, entertaining clients
Sydney, Australia
“Always Consistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

I travel to Perth every month on business and always make it a point to eat at least one meal at Balthazar. For as long as I have been a patron of this restaurant I have always been pleased with the quality of the food, and service. The wine selection features a number of wines from the Margaret River region. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a glass of wine and an entree pre theatre, a late supper or meal with friends.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Perth, WA
“A bit boring”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

Nice decor and atmosphere. Food was a bit boring though - the dishes sounded a lot better on paper than they tasted. Small portions. A bit pretentious.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Perth
“Food and service great but music too loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I had wanted to go to this restaurant for a long time and was not disappointed. The food and service were excellent. My only negative statement is that the music was unbearably loud. I requested a couple of times that it be turned down a little and I think it eventually was but our waiter said that "he" who controls the volume likes it loud. Well, it is a restaurant, a very dimly lit one for that matter which would lead me to believe they want to create a romantic atmosphere. Music in a restaurant should be in the background, not set high for a nightclub. Honestly, our waiter had to crouch down to our seating level so we could hear what he was saying. Having said all that, I would return again but not if it was for a romantic dinner for two. There is a glassed off area that you can book for say a private business dinner, I guess it would seat about 8-10.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
California
“Excellent food, great atmosphere! Good for "foodies"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

We really enjoyed this restaurant. Small, great atmosphere. (You will need a reservation.) Menu is small and creative, I would call it modern australian with an asian flair? Excellent wine list. Dessert was excellent as well. For those who are too full, they have the option of house made dark chocolate truffles, 2 for $3.50 mmmmm!!!! (regular dessert was $20)
(Unlike other comments, we all felt we had PLENTY to eat! We did have an entree and a main, shared one dessert for 3 people, plus truffles.)

Service was pleasant and prompt. We had an issue with a bottle of wine which the restaurant took care of. (After the poor service in Fremantle it was a pleasant change.)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Australia
“Beautiful atmosphere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

I think this restaurant has one of the nicest atmosphere's in Perth. Perfect lighting (at least the way I like it....nice and darkish), really buzzing sound feel to it (crowd & the background music).

Food was excellent.
The only negative I thought was the range of beers. Which was very limited.
Overall great experience.