“Diner beware” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Arirang Korean BBQ Restaurant & Cafe

Arirang Korean BBQ Restaurant & Cafe
91-93 Barrack Street, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (Perth CBD)
(08) 9225 4855
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Perth, Australia
“Diner beware”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We went to arirang for lunch. We all thought the BBQ meat was enjoyable. An egg noodle dish was also ordered but that was very salty. After lunch I needed to go to the ladies room whilst my partner paid. The bathrooms are upstairs and were in a disgusting condition. I decided it was best to go to Myers or David jones after and headed out. There was water all down the stairs which I didn't notice until I slipped. The waitperson was standing at the bottom of the stairs at the time and rushed up to me. I asked her to get my partner. She then ran down the stairs, grabbed one of the yellow slippery when wet signs and brought it up, placed it next to me before going and getting my partner! My partner sat with me on the stairs assessing my range of movement before moving off. No one from the restaurant came up to offer assistance and we left. I suffered a sprained ankle and bruising to my back.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brisbane, Australia
“Quite acceptable dinner option”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I tried Arirang while in Perth on business. I liked that the restaurant was busy so I didn't feel too lonely eating alone. Everyone seemed to be having a good time and enjoying the food. The other guests seemed to be diverse: a few groups of business men, some families with children and a few small groups that looked like friends.

The service was of an acceptable standard - neither poor nor exceptional. The food was good quality and tasty. The portion sizes were good.

The prices were okay. It wasn't a cheap restaurant but there were options available for less than $20 that represent good value for money (taking into account that the restaurant is in Perth, which is an expensive city for accommodation and dining).

I would recommend it if you are in Perth and looking for somewhere easy to eat a good quality meal.

Visited June 2012
Perth, Western Australia
“Always a good feed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We live in Perth and Arirang is one of our favourite restaurants.

My wife and kids just about always have the BBQ and I have the Dolsot Bibimbap. They also have a good range of Korean beers to accompany the food.

The chocolate fondue dessert is a big-time favourite for all of us.

We have been on many occasions including birthday and other celebration times and have always enjoyed the food there.

The service is a little frosty but we pretty well know what we'll be having and don't really go to chat with the waiters...

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Anna Maria Island, Florida
“bbq”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

the only place in perth to offer table top bbq. try it if you can

Visited March 2012
Rajasthan
“The best Korean food in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Arirang was my first experience with Korean food. Today it is my favorite cuisine!! The food, location and service is excellent. If you like Korean or have never had Korean and would like to try it out, Arirang is the place!

• Visited April 2011