“Misleading Website” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   138 Barrack St, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (Formerly Medina Executive Barrack Plaza)   |
Ranked #12 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Misleading Website”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Would I stay here again??? NO!!!

Internet
BEFORE PAYING FOR INTERNET BUY A WIRELESS HOTSPOT, like the ones avaible from Telstra, you can have multiple devices connected.

Internet was a major issue at this hotel, I reviewed was included in the room price and it stated there was broadband and Wi-Fi, it did not state there were additional charges. I had booked the most expensive room and was staying 6 nights and I thought internet was included. I also stated in my booking notes that I required internet, no one responded to my request. On arriving at the hotel I was advised the internet was $22 per day or $66 per week. I was then advised you could only have 1 device connected for this price. You could not log one out and then connect another device. Some of the staff were very patronising and just kept saying they had to wait until the hotel manager was back on site on Monday. Why bother having duty managers, when they cannot make decisions?

If I had known, I would have booked another hotel.

Room not clean
The cleanliness of the room was only adequate, bathroom floor tiles looked like they hadn’t been mopped for a long time and carpet was not vacuumed behind the doors

Only one bedroom cleaned
I moved from a 1 bedroom apartment to a 2 bedroom apartment as I had a friend joining me. I was charged for the change as if I was only staying 2 nights. A rip off! The housekeeping only serviced the main bedroom. I had to call reception for an urgent makeup of the 2nd bedroom and the bathroom. Multiple people from reception tried to justify the lack of service stating if there was anything on the bed the staff would not move it. THERE WAS NOTHING ON THE BED.
The beds were very uncomfortable, 2 single beds pushed together with a big hard lump in the middle. Not a true king size bed.

The only positive was the location.

Room Tip: Next to the hotel there is construction, the hotel doesnt tell you when booking. DONT STAY HERE!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Kyle K, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Steve L

Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor.

It was quite disappointing to read your posting on Trip Advisor especially after I discussed the internet issue in person in length and detail and was under the impression this was resolved. We supplied you with 2x complementary internet packages for two devices for the entire length of stay as well as complementary Nespresso Coffees in the morning as a gesture of goodwill.

As discussed at the time, the room features displayed on our website did not state that our internet was complementary however we have taken note from your feedback and at the time we spoke all necessary changes to our website were already made to avoid any further miss communication. In addition, our internet rates are very competitive compared to the market. We revise them on a regular basis to ensure we maintain them in line.

Thank you for your comments about the bathroom. Unfortunately some bathroom tiles experienced damage hence some may have discoloured due to this - we are however in the middle of a full soft refurbishment replacing all bathroom and kitchen tiles. I will share this feedback with the Housekeeping Team to ensure we address and maintain a normal high quality of cleanliness. I also have spoken to the Housekeeping Executive regarding the cleaning of the second room. Unfortunately in this instance both the room attendant and supervisor confirmed that the bed was covered with personal belongings and for security reasons of both our guests and room attendants we do not touch any personal belongings to avoid any possible miss-understanding.

I do apologies that we were not able to complementary upgrade you to a Two Bedroom Apartment Premier. We only have 8 of this particular room type and they are highly popular. I can assure you that we have given you a very competitive rate because you stayed with us for 6 nights.

Steve L both the Team and I always have been committed in rectifying your initial hiccup and both have spoken to you throughout your stay to ensure all was well and to be readily available to assist if necessary. If you have any further concerns please do not hesitate contacting me directly.

Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had a very brief overnight stay at the Adina for a business function, which I was running very late for. I was greeted by the lovely Shaya at reception, she went out of her way to ensure I was checked in & given my room key with the upmost professionalism & friendly ness in the quickest possible way. She arranged to have Atta ready to assist with parking my car which I had no time left too do so, Atta did this such a smile & the fact that he went above & beyond to help me was fantastic . The service standards that Shaya & Atta showed we're exemplary & a credit to hotel manager Kyle. With this fantastic experience I had while staying at the Adina I will always refer to the Adina as my number one accommodation preference in Perth.

• Stayed April 2013
Kyle K, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Melanie A

Thank you for your time and your candid Trip Advisor Posting.

It was great speaking to you the other and really appreciate the time you took to acknowledge our Team with in particular mentioning Shaya and Atta. We strive to exceed expectations and I am truly happy you experienced this.

I will share your review and experience with the Team and both Shaya and Atta will be acknowledged & rewarded for being mentioned but also for their great level of service. I am sure they will be delighted to be mentioned in your review.

Thank you again and we are looking forward welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next visit for business or leisure.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel/apartment is defiantly not four stars but with the four star price. When we arrived at our room I noticed a strong musty mold odor which was very over powering. I had to open the balcony door to let some fresh air in to vent the place out. we ended up leaving the balcony door open all day during our stay to let the fresh air in, or else we would have been overpowered by that stench.

When taking a shower the water would leak from under the shower onto the bathroom floor no matter how little or how much the water would run.

The apartment wasn't vacuumed once during our 7 day stay. The reason I know this is because there were clumps of dust on the floor in one of the bedrooms and it was till there 7 days later.The bedside tables had an inch of dust on them. Had to get a cloth to wipe them down myself. The same applied to the coffee table which had stains on it which wasn't wiped down. Some of the cutlery had food particles still stuck on them. Had to give everything a very good wash and scrub to remove the old bits of food.

The dining room chairs had dust around the bottom of the frames which looked like they have never been cleaned.So had a nice thick layer of built up dirt on them.
We were very disappointed with our stay. If this was a three star apartment I could probably understand, Not was I was expecting from a four star property. The only good thing about this place was the location and the friendly staff. If cleanliness doesn't bother you, and you don't mind paying top dollar for a place that isn't cleaned and stinks then this place is for you. If not give this place a BIG miss.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kyle K, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Nella D

Thank you for your time and posting on Trip Advisor.

I regret that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and I apologies for any inconvenience caused.

In regards to your comments about the shower. We currently are committed in a re-tiling program of all our bathrooms and kitchen floors. I am happy to advise that we are addressing this issue and should be resolved in the near future.

Please note that I have shared your experience with both the Executive Housekeeper as well as the Housekeeping Team and all points were addressed and discussed in length & detail.

Nella D, we are committed in delivering a high level of service and quality and I again apologies that you did not experience this throughout your stay.

It would be great to have the opportunity to discuss your stay in person and discuss & resolve you recent experience with us. I can be contacted on kkaya@adinahotels.com.au or alternatively you could contact me on 08 8267 0000.

Warm regards

Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We booked this apartment for a week and moved out after 4 days. Where do I start, the rooms were unclean, the beds were uncomfortable, it was very noisy. We had 4 people staying and the towels were not replaced every day and when they were they gave us 2 towels for 4 people. The bed was rock hard and we did not get a good night sleep. The service was poor and the reception was attended by employees that were unhelpful and disinterested. Would not come back and will not recommend this hotel. The spa did not work at the pool

Room Tip: If you want value for money, do not go here
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kyle K, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Tim t

Thank you for you feedback and time posting your Trip Advisor feedback in relation to your recent stay.

I was sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We strive for excellence at the Adina Barrack Plaza and I was quite surprised to hear your feedback in particular about the Team. As you can see from previous guests posting their experience on Trip Advisor we normally get praised for a welcoming and approachable Reception Team. I will share this with the Team to ensure we continue to achieve this level of service.

In relation to Housekeeping I will was quite disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectation. Please be assured that I have discussed this with our Housekeeping Executive as this is not the standard we strive for.

We have investigated the Sauna and I am happy to let you know this is working. It does need time to heat up but also a security button needs to be pressed to activate as well as water to poured onto the heating rocks.

I would appreciate the opportunity to rectify your experience and discuss your stay in more detail in person. I can be contacted on kkaya@adinahotels.com.au or alternatively at 08 9267 0000. I am confident that we are able to offer you a much better experience and hoping the opportunity to accommodate you upon your next visit in Perth

Thank you again for your feedback and looking forward to be hearing from you.

sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two weeks - very personable room attendants , fabulous , huge, apartment with a balcony overlooking the perth skyline / trains and buses in close proximity and a compact pool , sauna and gym area for winding down - large array of food and drink establishments nearby and the salubrious and sensual delights of north bridge just over the bypass. There is a Wild West feel around this area ,fuelled by alcohol, and its wise to be aware and alert at night .
The adina is a very fine place of accommodation with an adjacent bar/ pub with daily specials. My special requests were promptly and speedily addressed : a plug for a sink and extra amenities . Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2013
Kyle K, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear ArchanelosSydney

Thank you for your positive feedback in regards to your stay with us.

It was great to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us in particular after staying for two weeks. This is key in measuring our overall performance and I am glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable.

Also, thank you for your positive feedback about our room attendants. I will ensure that this is shared with and I am sure that they will be delighted to be mentioned in your review.

It was also good to see that you found our apartments fabulous and liked the size.

Thank you again for your great feedback and upon your next visit from Sydney we would be looking forward welcoming you back again.

singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The apartment hotel is at a central location. We booked the 1 bedroom apartment. Nice room + large bathroom with bathtub.. full equpped kitchen except that there is no table cloth.
Parking is expensive at $25/night and there is only 1 or 2 parking slot available. Once you check out at 10am, you have to move your car away. We booked the hotel for 1 night and arrived at 4pm.. it will be cheaper to park at the multistorey carpark nearby..
Wifi is chargable and only 30 mins free access from hotel lobby.

It is a gd choice if you are looking for an apartment with hotel facilities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kyle K, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Poseidon_gal

Thank you for your time and posting on Trip Advisor in relation to your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that in particular the location was mentioned in your review. We are very centrally located with all main attractions in close proximity.

Also, I was happy to read that you found our rooms nice and spacious. I will take not of your comment in regards to table cloths.

I do appreciate your comments in regards to parking. I am happy to advise our parking rates are reviewed regularly and probably at the most competitive rates. Parking is secured and 24hrs accessible in addition access is available to your apartments. Unfortunately parking is scares in Perth hence limited parking bays are available and we recommend all our guests to pre-book in advance.

The hotel WIFI is available throughout the entire hotel and in addition for all our in-house guests have 30 minutes complementary WIFI available in the public areas.

Thank you again for your positive feedback in regards to your recent stay with us and we are looking forward to be welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next visit.

Thirroul, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

TYPE - Business trip
Preamble
I would recommend this Hotel to anyone. It’s clean well located and has just about everything most travellers require. Nice one Adina!

ARRIVAL
From Perth Domestic. Regular taxi direct to 138 Barrack (Adina Apartment Hotels) $39.00

CHECK IN
Lovely Staff. Check in was painless. No Concierge/baggage service. Reception 24hr. For the coffee lover, Nespresso is available in the lobby BUT it will set you back $2.95 a shot….

Hotel WIFI
Bit of a weird setup here… You are able to access 30 minutes of free WIFI but only in public areas of the hotel. I looked into this and actually its only available in the foyer..?

Pool/Gym
Small Lap pool with Spa attached. There is a Gym with the usual equipment. Change rooms, toilet and Sauna all in this area.

BBQ AREA
Not that I saw.

Conference/Business Rooms
Available. I didn’t use them so shouldn’t comment.

Dining
Yes. The Adina has a bar called BAR 138 which doubles as the breakfast/lunch/dinner restaurant. I only had breakfast here and I have to say it seemed a little strange having my breakfast in a pub. I’m sure for some this is HEAVEN. I guess brunch could easily become messy… On a serious note though, the breakfast items seemed expensive I believed I paid $16.00 for a bowl of musli. Ohh and for the coffee lover. Espresso shots (Small Black) are $3.00 here so give the Nespresso in the foyer a miss.

THE ROOM – RM-60

Large, med or small room? Large

Balconies? Yes, 1 small

5. Dishwasher
6. Large sink and prep area
7. Plenty of cardboard space

Mini Bar?
Yes, selection of beer, wine and confectionary.

Dining Area?
Yes, dining area that will seat 4

Lounge?
Yes, 2x 3 seater lounges around a small coffee table. There is a small LCD TV that has the usual channels and some in house movies. Small CD player/Tuner in this area as well.

Business Desk?
Yes, Small area. The chair seemed to be from the dining area which wasn’t very comfortable after an hour or so. Phone, desk lamp and notepad/pen provided. Power, 2 x 240v/10a wall socket. The internet here is CAT5 Cable and costs. (1hr = $11, 24hr = $22, 7 days = $66)

Bathroom
Large with Shower/Bath combo. On arrival you get a small selection of bath gels, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Toilet is located inside this room.

Laundry
Yes, inside a cardboard within the Bathroom. You get a frontload washing machine and separate dryer. NOTE: No washing powder supplied. You must purchase outside of hotel or from Mini Bar.

Bedroom
Large bedroom with King Size Bed. Bed is comfortable enough. I read in the welcome book they have a pillow swap service, which I don’t think is a pillow menu but if your uncomfortable they will swap your pillows till your happy.. Beside the bed are tables with reading lamps an alarm clock and a phone. The room has a large window that you can open and thick curtains to darken the room if you need to. There is a large wardrobe with hanging space and shelving. You will find your room safe here. Also your iron and iron board are in here.

Room Tip: I was in room 60 facing west. Seemed nice not sure if it was better or worse than any other.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Andrew F

Thank you for your extended and constructive feedback in relation to your recent stay with us.

It is great to see a breakdown of your full experience with us and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us to anyone.

It is with this feedback that we are able to measure the quality of product and service we have on offer but also area's in need of improvement.

Although overall you enjoyed your stay I would like to take the opportunity to respond to a few points given in your review.

The Nespresso machine is an additional service on offer. All rooms are accommodated with coffee & tea facilities and this service generally is used at night time and where our guests do not need to travel outside when wanting a "Nespresso" made coffee.

I will pass on your feedback onto Bar138 in relation to their prices. I am though happy to advise that we do offer a discounted breakfast package at $15 per person for all hotel guests which includes an option from the a la carte with a beverage. I apologise if this was not offered.

You were correct in relation to the internet. We offer complementary 30 minutes of internet per device for all in-house guests in our public area's. I apologise if this was miss-communicated to you.

Also, I would like to say thank you for your feedback in relation to our desk chairs. This is definitely something I will look into for the near future.

Andrew F, thank you again for your extended feedback. Please let me know if you have any further questions or if you are looking at booking in Perth again upon your next business trip.

kkaya@adinahotels.com.au

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza? Share your experiences!