“OK. Good service. Small rooms. Too expensive” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Outram Perth

You added Wyndham Outram Perth to your Saves list
Wyndham Outram Perth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   32 Outram Street | West Perth, Perth, Western Australia 6005, Australia   |
Ranked #26 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Australia
“OK. Good service. Small rooms. Too expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

We stayed one night in room 108. Dark room overlooking the back alley and roof tops. Large bed , open bathroom area with enclosed toilet. One easy chair and stool and a desk with chair.
Bar fridge, TV and DVD with tea and coffee making facilities.Very clean and with nice amenities. Fine for one night but we were glad we were not staying for an extended period.

Service was friendly and included one drink and canapes in the evening and breakfast the next day. Breakfast was good but took ages to arrive. Cooked to order I think.

The Outram is ok and for Perth probably one of the better places to stay but not really upto scratch and expensive at Aus 340 for such a small room.

Where else to stay . We ate at the Opus at the Richarson hotel ( fab food and service) and that hotel looked nice. Otherwise Perth really doesn't have any real boutique 5* hotels. I think a serviced apartment might be the way to go.

• Liked — Large bed with nice sheets and doona.
  • Disliked — Small dark room. Open bathroom to bedroom.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Stevenage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2008

I looked long and Hard for a decent Hotle for our Wedding Night and came up with a shortlist of 3 : The outram, The duxton and Novotel Langley.

One of the overriding factors for me was price and it had to be special, against the warnings from my Wallet i decided on the Outram.
Im so glad we did, this Hotel is probably the best Hotel i have ever stayed in. Everything was just spot on, they even used Molton Brown Products in the bathroom (My Wife Tells me this is Good thing).

The room itself feels luxurious. All fittings and decoration are of a very high standard. The only downside to our room, was the view but i didn't care.

Everything about this Hotel is class, even The breakfast was supurb.

One thing to note that there is no restaurant open after 8pm, but this not a bad thing as there is a nice Italian place about 5 minutes walk. If Italian is not your thing then the Hotel staff are more than helpful and knowledgable of the area and can even order a takeaway for you.

It was raining when we walked to the Italian restaurant and the Hotel manager came running out with an umbrella for us as we left. This is a simple gesture but we were so thankful.

I also got to look around the Duxton and the Novotel and quite frankly they were just a glorified Travel lodge. Lobbies are nice but the rooms are dull and basic.

Next time im over in Perth i will definately be staying at least another night here. It was the perfect end to a Perfect day.

I

• Liked — The room
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pescara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2008

we were in AU for our honeymoon and we chose this hotel as our accomodation in Perth. The outram is an elegant boutique hotelin the city centre. .We booked a "honeymoon package". It was great!! when we arrived ,we found in our suite champagne, strawberry and chocolate. Our suite was fantastic: One of the reasons?? the biggest spa fensuite for 2 pax we've ever seen!! The staff was always very friendly: kindly greeting, good suggestions for restaurants, (they did reservations, too)..I mean, we spend great days in Perth and we liked staying in this hotel. If we'll come back in Perth, certanly we'll choose The Outram!!

• Liked — the honeymoon package and the big spa of my suite
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
North Fremantle WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2007

I booked a overnighter to catch up with my husband due to our busy lifestyles and after being in Singapore recently had Service in my mind....From arrival to departure we received that.
I arrived earlier to a Sandstone French looking building in the CBD which was shutting down for the weekend....It has four floors but only hotel rooms on two but big enough to feel plush and Hotel like. Check in was prompt with personal delivery to the room ...which Was very fresh with a small balcony with doors that open to hear the birds...could have done with another comfy chair with stool. Great comfy king with a huge double spa and double vanity with great storage and a walk thru shower....very slick...water coming out was a bit of a problem but just needed more towels.
I requested a tea cup and Soya Milk for my loose leaf tea (which I love)as they had chunky espresso cups only..and some extra Molton brown toiletries not a problem.
My husband arrrived and we tried the canapes in the lounge and our Free drink(after a bottle of Verve in our room which they kindly bought up an ice bucket for...we had a few more drinks and decided to watch a movie(they have them for hire also) and I did play my relaxing CDs there also.
We ordered indian takeaway and got it delivered and they kindly bought up a tray and utensils.
Breakfast was at a reasonable time of 8am to 12 which was superb with a Parfait of Fruit and yogurt to start and followed by the lo carb b/f with lashings of 'Smoked Salmon/Tomatoes/Spinach /Eggs and Mushrooms...yum and my husband had pancakes as well with fresh Juice. The newspaper was delivered with an attatchment with the weather and What About -Restaurant- and Movie suggestions . We read the compedium and saw scooters available but announced with the takeover of Wyndham Resorts they were updating the compediums and not available...I do hope they keep this boutique Hotel up to its standard we heard they will supply the scooters again.
The Office/ Secretarial service is excellent but need a pad and pen in the room. Broadband had to be set up with instructions sent up so I didnt bother but it is complimentry.
You can park underneath but we just parked on the road or car park across and filled the meter till time.
We went for a walk in Kings Park and it was glorious and it really is central to all including Subiaco for great eating and the city for shopping..give it a try.....

• Liked — Walk-thru shower-Loose leaf tea-double spa-sound of birds
  • Disliked — Toilets are a funny shape-Beware!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Cotswolds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2007

small city hotels don't get better than this - stayed for 3 nights in late February 2006 - rooms are not large and a bit quirky but very well fitted out - the staff are quite exceptional and that extends to the whole breakfast experience which couldn't be bettered - no evening dining but the bar/lounge area works really well - a great place to stay and with the free city bus service right outside the door

Stayed May 2007
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2007

An excellent hotel, in a nice part of Perth. Because the hotel is close to the free bus in the city, it doesn't matter that it is on the outskirts. Free broadband internet, beautiful staff (except the night guy, who was a bit laissez faire), very nice breakfast, comfortable bed, and well appointed room. Some strange stuff, though
- such as the huge spa (which is just not appropriate anymore,
with water shortages), the shower behind the television unit (which means that water leaks into the bedroom area), and very small windows. But in terms of prices in Perth, this is the best value for money going around. Don't expect the whole five star, multi-national experience - this is a boutique hotel (18 rooms), but a great hotel, in comparison to some of the other rubbish that I have stayed at in Australia.

• Liked — The size (it has only 18 rooms)
  • Disliked — The shower
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
Aussie in Prague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2007

Albeit a short stay, alas one night, we thoroughly enjoyed the Outram. No, it is not a Deluxe hotel with 24 hour room service or bellboys at all hours like Four Seasons or Mandarin, but for a 22 bedroom property it is a good quality 5 star experience and at the price (about half a Four Seasons / Mandarin level) excellent value. The arrival experience was fine - prompt checkin, although the registration card had terminology that made you wonder what types of guests stay here. We stayed in a reasonable size room (I guess 33m2) - would have been larger if it were not for the enormous bath - a little out of proportion and considering the constant warnings of water shortages in Perth maybe inappropriate. Wardrobe was small (I guess to make space for the bath), good quality linens and towels - although they could do with 2 large towels each rather than just one - the second tiny handtowel was the size of a handkerchief - impossible for my wife to put her hair in. We too experience the mini flood whilst showering - great design, shame it was not tried and tested first. Amenities were good - Molton Brown, although a bit dull....would be nice to see more local premium products - it's part of the joy of travelling to experience new things. If the owner / manager reads this, PLEASE replace the terrible laminated bar pricelist (in the draw rather than near the minibar, oddly) with a properly printed one - tacky beyond belief! Good, comfortable bed and an excellent breakfast in the morning - excellent coffee, although it would have been nice to have a pot rather than just a cup. The Avocado, coriander and lime on toast sounded wonderfully refreshing and it came exactly as was described...a fan of avocado with leaves of coriander and half a lime....yawn - it could have been some much more creative and exceeded the description rather than falling short. My wife had the low carb cooked breakfast - poached eggs, asparagus, roasted tomatoes, steamed spinach and Tasmanian smoked salmon - wonderful!

The service was friendly (would be considered too friendly / casual in some parts of the world but here it seemed just right!). Excellent housekeeping standards - very clean rooms.

Other points of interest for Perth - here are some good restaurants to check out as recommended by the concierge - Cream, Lamont's, Bradley's and Star Anise.

We went to C Restaurant which sounded great....until we arrived and found it to be a proposal giving and tourist trap with mediocre cuisine...my starter was OK, followed by an Asian fish soup where the fish overcooked...for main, I had to send the pasta back because it was overcooked - the surprised Manager (I guess because nobody else complains) came to inform me that it was fresh pasta - I gave her the cooking times for fresh and dry pasta which she was taken aback and promptly apologied and finally arrived back with another dish - this time properly cooked.

Finally, for car hire steer clear of Bayswater Hire Cars. Not only do they have No Birds, but they seem to have no business sense or customer service skills either. After hiring a car I noticed that there was a slight dent which was not evident when I picked it up. I returned within half an hour to advise them and request it to be marked on the rental agreement. The blonde receptionist automatically assumed I had done it and on looking at the car accussed me of doing the damage. After getting the manager involved, who said the "our cleaners have been here for years and would have told us if the car was damaged...." quote, finally agreed to check with the cleaner....who turned out to be a new Asia immigrant who had been on the job a week and said that it was there before I took the car. A half hearted apology then came forward and we made nothing of it, even though almost 2 hours had been wasted sorting this out. On returning the car (a few days earlier than originally agreed) we did, admittedly, arrive 2.5 hours later than the due back time. The receptionist promptly tried charging for an additional 1/2 day - I challenged saying that a) we had been inconvenienced by having to return the car and have the documents properly filled out and b) 2.5 hours is hardly 1/2 a day unless there are only 5 hours in a day. With a huff, the Manager came - he remembered me - said I was late (really!) and proceeded to charge me for 1/4 day (how generous, Scrouge, I'll remember you at Christmas). To top it off, the insurance I had been paying, so reliable sources inform me, apparently did not go to an insurance company at all....no wonder.....seems that the dent was meant for me, an unsuspecting tourist....

• Liked — Intimate, good quality products and amenities
  • Disliked — more bath towels and better minibar menu!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Wyndham Outram Perth? Share your experiences!