Stayed 5 lousy nights with my husband and 22 year daughter. Very very disappointed when we first saw the room but pressed on as it was too troublesome to move out at 10am the next morning and check into another hotel at 2pm.
1. Room is smaller than a standard sized hotel room so you can imagine how cramped it is with 3 beds. There's hardly any space left for walking.
2. A very small wardrobe and writing desk /dining table with one chair are placed outside on a very tiny balcony with no lights. Totally useless to have these frankly.
3. The spring in one of the beds must be broken as it makes a very squeaky sound each time you roll over.
4. Lighting is very dim in the room and bedside lamp is not working so there's really nothing very much you can do in the room at night other than to sleep.
5. Toilet is ultra basic - a wash basin that has no vanity top for you to put your toiletries so you have to trudge back and forth the room and toilet. Definitely not the place for a girl.
6. Kitchen blinds only half cover the kitchen so anyone passing by the corridor can look into the kitchen and the bedroom.
7. Noise insulation is poor and traffic is noisy.
8. Internet booster is weak so you only have access to internet if you are staying on a ground floor unit and probably on the 2nd floor. Forget aboutt internet from the 3rd floor upwards.
9. Limited parking lots - only about 17 lots for 60+ units so it is hard to get a lot after 9pm. It is no problem getting a lot off street but you have to shift your car the next morning at 9am. Forget about a lot even on the streets on Sat evenings, you'll have to go all the way up to Cliff Street.
10. As there's only 1 chair on a dim balcony, you'll have to stand around in the tiny kitchen to eat.
11. Only 1 very old tiny lift to the entire 5 floors so be prepared to wait.
1. Very convenient location and just stone's throw to St George's Terrace.
2. Generally friendly staff, especially Elena
3. Its relatively cheap!
This place has to a large extent, ruin our vacation. Well, I have learnt my lesson and will read reviews carefully in future when I book hotel rooms.
Just about everything in this place is wrong. However, A$105 for the 3 of us is really very cheap but seriously, I would rather pay another $50 and get a decent 2 room apartment elsewhere, just outside the CBD.
- Also Known As:
- Mountway Holiday Apartments Hotel
- Mountway Holiday Apartments Perth
- Mountway Holiday Apartments Hotel Perth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in picturesque Mount Street between Kings Park and the City, adjacent to the Swan River, sixty-nine studio apartments with elevator to all levels. Each apartment is fully self-contained, with kitchen, private bathroom. Linen, blankets, crockery and cutlery supplied. Digital Television with free FOXTEL. Reverse cycle Air-conditioning. Most apartments have wide city views from balconies. Some spectacular river views are available from several vantage points. Walk to the city and business locations in a few minutes. We are close to restaurants and entertainment, bus-port and free CAT bus. PERTH CONVENTION EXHIBITION CENTRE is a 7 minute walk. For business or leisure, Mountway is the ideal location. Facilities include pantry shopping, wireless internet service, and token operated laundry. The extensive out-door Barbecue area is available 'Free to Guest'. Your hosts John & Sue Bergin welcome you to Perth Western Australia. Mountway is suitable for all travelers who want short to medium term budget 2.5 star self-catering, studio style apartments in West Perth Western Australia. NOTE: Mountway is located in West Perth 6005 but it's only a 1 minute walk to the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Mountway Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.