I stayed here for two nights with my parents, as we were attending my university graduation. I booked a room for three people, and we got a room with a double bed and two singles, which was great.
The location is fantastic. It's actually located right near a bus stop for a bus that takes you all the way to the airport for only $4.20 - much better than paying $40 for a cab or $15 per person for a shuttle! Also a quick walk over the bridge to get to the CBD, and all city buses are free as well which makes getting to different areas super easy. Third best thing about the location is that it's just down the hill from Kings Park - definitely worth a visit to while in Perth.
The rooms are fairly outdated, however the kitchens were super nice. The bathroom was okay - shower dripped a little, but no big deal, and although it seemed old, it was clean. There is no hair dryer however (first apartment I have stayed in that didn't provide a hair dryer) so keep that in mind if you do need to use one during your stay. Airconditioning and Foxtel channels were also great to have!
Staff were great, particularly Polly. She was super helpful, gave us plenty of information about Perth, good places to visit and where to eat.
Overall, I did enjoy my stay at Mountway. I don't know if I would stay again, based on wanting to try new places when I travel, but good for an emergency or a short or solo stay (three in the room was alright but I wouldn't stay there with four people, it'd be too crowded as the rooms are not large).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in picturesque Mount Street between Kings Park and the City, adjacent to the Swan River, sixty-nine studio apartments with elevator to all levels. Each apartment is fully self-contained, with kitchen, private bathroom. Linen, blankets, crockery and cutlery supplied. Digital Television with free FOXTEL. Reverse cycle Air-conditioning. Most apartments have wide city views from balconies. Some spectacular river views are available from several vantage points. Walk to the city and business locations in a few minutes. We are close to restaurants and entertainment, bus-port and free CAT bus. PERTH CONVENTION EXHIBITION CENTRE is a 7 minute walk. For business or leisure, Mountway is the ideal location. Facilities include pantry shopping, wireless internet service, and token operated laundry. The extensive out-door Barbecue area is available 'Free to Guest'. Your hosts John & Sue Bergin welcome you to Perth Western Australia. Mountway is suitable for all travelers who want short to medium term budget 2.5 star self-catering, studio style apartments in West Perth Western Australia. NOTE: Mountway is located in West Perth 6005 but it's only a 1 minute walk to the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mountway Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountway Holiday Apartments Perth
- Mountway Holiday Apartments Hotel Perth