“Acceptable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Perth

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Perth to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Perth
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Mounts Bay Road, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (Formerly Medina Grand Perth)   |
Ranked #14 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Australia
“Acceptable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment for one night. The rooms were very spacious with all amenities. Modern apartment. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

We stayed at this hotel in Oct 2009. We chose it because we had one night's free accomodation & payed for one extra night. If we didn't have the free night, we probaby wouldn't have stayed here due to the price ($270 per night).

The room was lovely, no view, simply looked out at other buildings. But was clean, very large and had great facilities including full sized fridge, dishwasher, washing machine & dryer.

The people on reception were very friendly and welcoming and always full of helpful advice & information.

We went to the restaurant one night but found that you couldn't order food off the room service menu, unless you ate in your room. We simply wanted a burger and chips, which wasn't on the eat-in menu. So we ordered in the restaurant and then went back to our room to await room service. This was completely ridiculous if you ask me - can't see what difference it makes where you eat the food! But then realised it's because they add a $5 surchage for delivery on to your bill (pretty pricey considering all they had to do was catch the lift upstairs and walk along the corridor).

Overall a good stay, but unless you're going to actually make full use of the room facilities, the price is way too much.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

i was very disapponted in my stay at the Medina. I was coordinator of a conference at the convention Centre and it was a very handy location for the three day stay. On the second day of my stay i was in the kitchen and noticed a cockroach on the fridge door then a few minutes later noticed another by the sink. I called reception and told them that there were cockroaches in the kitchen and they didn't seem surprised or bothered. After the lack of concern i asked for a tin of mortein. A few minutes later the door knocked and i was handed fly spray?.. I used it as it was all I had and then it seemed to lure them out in total there were 7-8 cockroaches running around the kitchen. (Photos attached) at midnight i couldn't stay in the room any longer and asked to be moved. I was moved to another room without an apology or concern, very matter a fact!!

The next morning when i went to reception i complained and told them that i wanted to know what they were going to do? I never got a call or anything. It wasn't until i complained the following day when i check out that the manager called me. Still no real apology just free parking for one night!! When i returned to work the following week the invoice arrived with the full amount on it. I called and voiced my disgust at being charged for the night that i slept with COCKROACHES and was told that instead of $300 per night they would only charge me $260!! big of them ay.

Also, when i check out i forgot some flowers on the balcony and within a couple of checking out they said that housekeeping had checked and they had been thrown out!! Nice of them to even call the client and see if they mightt want to come and collect them.

NEVER staying there again even it is was FREE. :(

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

I stayed here with my partner for a few days while in transit moving. The company put us up in this accommodation and it sounded flash but we didn't know anything about it till we got there. We were happy to find it was a one bedroom apartment, as we were there for a few days and were able to buy supplies for breakfast and coffee. The bar and bistro downstairs was quite modern and did a decent feed. We weren't impressed at having to pay over $20 pn for parking - and the carpark was also very cramped and difficult to get a big car into, but we didn't really have a choice. Location was very handy to walk into Perth city, ten minutes from the mall etc where we did a bit of shopping. Also handy as a base for driving around town.

The apartment was quite modern, clean, and there were tvs in both bedroom and sitting room. I'd be happy to stay here again if I needed an apartment. For short stays, you can probably find better value in a CBD hotel.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Auckland NZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Medina Grand –Perth on two separate occasions albeit very close together 8th to the 11th May 2009 and then again from the 19th to the 23rd May 2009

On our arrival both times we found the reception staff both friendly and helpful, the rooms (1 bedroom apartments) were certainly clean and quite well appointed on our second stay the room we were given had it’s own laundry and full kitchen facilities - The location of this hotel is excellent right next to the Perth Conference Centre, at first we thought this might be a problem with traffic noise, but no nice quite location – The hotel has a restaurant located on the ground floor, the Metro Bar & Bistro very good food, well presented, but a little on the expensive side – You can get a very good breakfast for half the price at the Conference Centre across the road – Overall would I recommended this hotel to a friend? – Absolutely!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

I stayed here on a business trip for 2 nights, and found absolutely nothing to complain about with any aspect of my stay. Studio room was ample for my purposes...Well maintained and clean. Front desk staff were always ready to lend a helping hand, or provide advice/assistance with my business needs, and I highly recommend this hotel for a stay if you're on business or pleasure, due to the central location. I did have some small issues with the The Metro Bar downstairs, in that...for a bar, the furniture seems impractical. It's mostly shin-height sofas/coffee tables, and for someone trying to wend their way through this, it can cause concern when trying to juggle drinks and move outside to the table area for some fresh air. Not overly user-friendly when you consider this is a bar after all, and people are not always using 100% of their mental faculties when trying to navigate through a low-level maze like this. I had no problems, of course, being of sober habits (yeah, right..), but others may find this a safety issue. All in all, a great stay, and I have no problems recommending this hotel as a very professionally run establishment. Top marks...but please consider reviewing the coffee table/sofa obstacle course in the Metro Bar.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

Very close to the Convention Centre (See photo). No complaints except the bus interchange starts operations at about 6:00am.

Bus every minute or less so when we slept with the doors/windows open (Perth is very hot) it was quite noisy but not a big deal either.

It does annoy me that they charge for parking - $25 per night!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Perth? Share your experiences!