“Adina Apartment Hotel Perth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Perth

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Perth to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Perth
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Mounts Bay Road, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia (Formerly Medina Grand Perth)   |
Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Melbourne, Australia
“Adina Apartment Hotel Perth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Outstanding service and a very comfortable environment. Warm, reliable and extremely helpful staff. Particuarly Hotel manager Phil Wilmot. A true asset to the Adina brand. On standby for one of the nights i was booked at the hotel and offered to arrange alternate accomodation on my behlaf if they could not accomodate me. Fortunately they did, saving the potential hassle of relocating when on a very tight schedule. Would not hesistate to stay at Adina time and time again. Highly reccomended! With atravel schedule like mine - away from home 2 weeks out of every month service like this is a GODSEND. Well done to Phil and the team.

Room Tip: "Speak to PHIL"
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear James M,

Thank you for completing this review of Adina Apartment Hotel Perth.

I am pleased that I was able to assist with your plans and that my team was able to ensure your stay was a pleasant one.

Please let me know when you are next returning to Perth, so that I am able to assist with your accommodation needs.

I look forward to welcoming back in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Coolum Beach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I thought hospitality, in its truest sense, had died in this country. I have experienced so much "not my job", "that's up to another department to fix that" and "no we can't do that". Not to mention sullenness, rudeness, and an attitude that the person serving you is doing you a favour.

And then I checked into the Adina Apartments Hotel in Perth to discover that hospitality does still exist. Reception staff were friendly, obliging and efficient.... they actually seemed to want me to have a great stay... what a rarity these days. I was staying for a week for business and meetings in the hotel and the functions department went out of their way to ensure my business needs were met. The apartment was very spacious and well appointed and I wanted for nothing. A minor issue with my fridge was attended to by the maintenance department quickly and with a smile.

Great central city location with easy access to shops, cafes, supermarkets, movie theatres etc.

My highest recommendations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear mieux2002,

Thank you for your review of the Adina Apartment Hotel Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us and your fellow travellers this valuable insight to your experience.

I am flattered to read that your experience with us has made such an impression. I am extremely proud of my team and their genuine passion towards ensuring our guests enjoy their experience with us.

I look forward to when my team and I can welcome you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Perth.

Please feel free to contact myself direct on +61 8 9217 8000 or via email pwilmot@adinahotels.com.au.

Adina Apartment Hotels Perth
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I found the room and the bed particularlly comfortable and the room surprisingly adequately sound proof. I managed to get good quality sleep here. A separate lounge and well stocked kitchen. A large bathroom also with laundry facilities. I would have preferred better shower facilities though. Perfect location if attending events at the Convention Centre and only one block from St George's Tce. A good choice if you are there for an extended stay as you have room to move and can prepare you own meals.
The hotel does have an on site restaurant, but I suggest you head out to the find what else Perth has to offer. I recommend a good steak and ribs place on Hay Street behind the Woodside building.

Dear Rh0de,

The Metro Bar & Bistro is onsite and managed independently of the hotel. We can recommend several dining alternative no more and a couple minutes’ walk from the hotel. For future travellers there numerous restaurants and eateries located at Brookfield Place catering to a variety of palates.

If you would like to discuss further any aspect of your stay with us, please feel free to contact myself direct on +61 8 9217 8000 or via email pwilmot@adinahotels.com.au.

Adina Apartment Hotels Perth
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Our overall stay at the Adina was pleasent enough, however on our first day of arrival after an extremely long oversea's flight we looked around the room and in the top draw of the bedroon draws we found some used drugs along with the spoon and syringe. We were both very shocked and quite disnerved when we spoke to the receptionist. The receptionist did come up to the room straight away along with a housekeeper and was very apologetic and changed our room. We did recieve a bottle of wine and some chocolates as an apologe which we thought was a nice gesture, however we felt that a word from the hotel manager and the housekeeping manager should have been more appropriate.
Our concern was that seeing those items in the draw was bad enough for us, what would have happend if children were present and found them???

Room Tip: Always inspect the rooms including all draws.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear nita s,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent visit with us.

I appreciate your comments and will be making personal contact concerning the items found in your apartment.

This matter I take quiet seriously! My houskeeping team has been addressed in the importance of attention to detail, to ensure we are not missing such items in the future.

If there is any other aspect that you would like to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I can be contacted via phone on 08 9217 8000 or email: pwilmot@adinahotels.com.au

Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotels in Perth are expensive!! We stayed at the Adina for $180 a night as part of a weekend deal (Saturday/Sunday nights), which is great value in Perth. Service was good - except they didn't point out the that the rooms are numbered numerically so we went to level one for room 111 (it's actually literally room number 111 so it was on the fourth floor). Rarely do hotels use this numbering system, so better if they are quite clear about it at check-in rather than not even mention it. Aside from that, a good sized apartment with all you need. Didn't try the restaurant, so can't comment. Also parking (also provided as part of our deal) is very limited - we parked out front the one time it was full, but not sure if this acceptable on weekdays. The Adina is well located - within walking distance of the CBD and the beautiful river waterfront.

Room Tip: Watch the room numbering - it's numerical, not by floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Waynos 22

It has been a pleasure to read you have had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our service.

However, I was a little disappointed on the fact that the room numerical order hasn’t been explained initially. All out team members have a standard practice to write the floor numbers on the key card wallets. The information is available inside and outside the elevators.

I will ensure that this issue will be well communicated within all our departments.

With the car parking, we do get busy very often specially over the weekend.
We have our own car parking downstairs other than what we have got outside.
We also have a facility to provide access to CPP car park in case we are full.

We do our best to ensure we cater the needs of our valued guests.

Waynos22, once again thank you for taking time and writing your valuable comments

I can be contactable via phone on 08 9217 8000 or email: pwilmot@adinahotels.com.au

Quairading, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

As the title suggests I really did want to like this place but it wasn't for us. Having said this I will point out the good as well as the average.

First of all I liked the fact that they price matched the cheap online booking sites with the benefit of being able to request things specific to your needs (twin beds & a cot). The price was very affordable doing it this way.

I also like the fact that the bedroom is seperate from the living areas-there are not a lot of nice hotels in Perth where this is the case.

Service-was great. All staff were very nice & our needs were well catered for. Rooms were really neat & clean.

Location-is a reasonable walking distance to most CBD attractions or CAT bus stop (free city buses).

The swimming pool was nice-especially as it was very hot during our stay.

Now the things that disappointed me.

The room service-I had looked forward to just being able to order to our room as I was on my own with two young children. All the meals were over $25 with a $5 delivery surcharge and not many were really suitable for young families.

Entrance-this hotel entrance is horrible to find. I have stayed here previously & was aware of that fact but I still took the wrong road & then nearly took the wrong driveway as well!!

Parking-there are a handful onsite but the rest are in the convention centre carpark downstairs' (if you are early enough the hotel has their own partitioned section down there) but there is an additional charge for nearly $30 for parking!!

And my final issue but the biggest of all with young children was the noise. The walls between the rooms are not very sound proof. I spent a few hours listening to some very jovial women in the next room and about 11.30pm I also got to listen to all of the teenagers leaving their school ball at the convention centre next door. It was enough noise to wake up one of the kids and in reality I don't think they were actually being that noisy. Maybe requesting a room on the opposite side of the building fom the convention centre would fix some of that problem.

All in all-not great for young families.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the convention centre.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear neysie,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to complete this constructive feedback of your stay.

Your comments, in regard to room service costs have been passed to the owners and managers of Metro Bar & Bistro, which is independently operated.

Your feedback concerning access to the hotel is feedback we are working on. We are in the process of addressing signage with our re-branding and hope that a solution will be in place soon.

Our parking fees are in line with similar hotels in Perth.

I was disappointed to read that a fellow guest had disturbed your sleep. For light sleepers we can allocate apartments, away from the night life that occurs around the hotel.

If you would like to discuss an aspect of your stay further, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel or via email pwilmot@adinahotels.com.au.

adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for work.....usually stay elsewhere. Not next time! This place is clean, tidy, good value and good service.... A quick walk to CBD and a great little restaurant for breakfast and dinner downstairs. Good access to the freeway for the trip back to the airport as well. Will be recommending this to my work colleagues on their frequent trips to WA.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear clarkey65,

Thank you for the time you have taken to complete your review of Adina Apartment Hotel Perth.

It is always a pleasure to read reviews where our guests have enjoyed their experience on many levels. I will be sure to share your review with my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. If there is any aspect of your stay that you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel or via email pwilmot@adinahotels.com.au.

Adina Apartment Hotel Perth

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Perth? Share your experiences!