“What a disaster!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Perth, Australia
“What a disaster!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife & I attended the restaurant hoping for a nice night out.

The setting was pleasant enough, though very bright & overlit with lights.

For entree I ordered a squid dish & I asked the waitress whether it was cooked in rings, either crumbed or battered. She said, yes, as I said I would not order that dish if it did not come that way. When it arrived it was served in a completely different manner.

Due to an allegy we requested no capsicum be served with our main meal. When the meals were served both dishes were garnished with slices of capsicum & had to be returned.

My main dish was fish of the day & I received a soft mushy type of fish fillet, with poorly prepared batter. The wife had garlic prawns. The prawns were small & the garlic sauce was nearly tasteless. My wife had soup for an entree & quite enjoyed that dish.

The restaurant is unlicenced & they charged $5.00 per head for corkage. We took a bottle of white wine with us. We were not supplied with ice or an ice bucket.

At one stage during the evening a dog wandered in & walked about amongst the tables, before being removed,.

We would not attend that restaurant again - even if provided a free meal.

• Visited November 2012