“Good food ok service” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Anchorage, Alaska
“Good food ok service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Went here for a quick bite on a Friday night and while the food was pretty good, the service was just ok. Staff seemed rushed and even though we asked for a minute to review the menu's they continued to stop by asking us if we were ready to order. We had barely opened them! Never were offered a beverage and we finally asked for water. Food was good and plentiful. Might go back on a quieter day/evening. Pricier than one might expect but it is downtown Perth. Go for the food not the atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, Australia
“Fresh food, served quick!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I was really hoping for a good meal, and Plenty did not disappoint but there again, did not 'amaze'. I'll be honest, the two waitresses did look to be tired and a bit bored, or like they didn't really want to be there, so I was a little apprehensive. Menus and water were brought to the table with a look and air of 'oh if I must', so I was worried. Luckily, the food made up for it. I had the deep fried tofu for starter, of which there was MASSES and MASSES, really huge. Then I had pad thai, which was tasty and again, plenty of it. It didn't seem to be the most authentic I have eaten, more like 'Thai for the masses', but it was good enough. The bill was modest. Everything was clean and tidy, I'd be very happy to go back at that price, but wouldn't make it a 'special night out'.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MooPlenty, Owner at Plenty Thai Restaurant, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for your comment on our services and we are glad that you loved our foods.
Adelaide, Australia
“Give this a miss”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went there on Friday 18th Oct, was really very average but not cheap!!! Also no alcohol on premisis and they actually never asked us if we even wanted a cool soft drink just brought out tepid tap water. The food was edible but that is all not authentic so with all the other options around I would keep walking!!! And if there is a bottle shop near would be good if the staff told you as an interstate visitor we woukd have appreciated that info!

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Excellent fresh Thai and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I eat here quite regularly and find the food to always be super fresh, very tasty and the service is always outstanding. Very hard to find this combination in a Perth restaurant. I also love the fact it is BYO with a bottle shop just over the road. A great place for a relaxed dinner with friends or family.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“it is well worth the visit ♥”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Plenty Thai on Shafto Lane is fast becoming my favourite lunch destination for its delicious food, great location (about 5 minutes walk from my workplace!) and best of all, value for money... not to mention, excellent customer service too!

More details on Plenty Thai at http://www.nini-foodielicious.com/2013/09/plenty-thai-restaurant.html

• Visited September 2013