“Never Ever Again” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Perth
“Never Ever Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We - three of us - ended up in Mykonos simply because all other restaurants were full and had long waiting times. Mykonos had plenty of tables free. That should have been a warning sign already, but we were hungry and gave it a try.

We were seated downstairs which has the flair of a fast food outlet - actually it is. They do have tables upstairs which is much nicer with table cloth and all. Why did the waitress not tell us to go upstairs? Well, it would have not made much of a difference, as the food was horrid.

The Souvlaki Plate - Chicken - had three small sticks with 4 small cubes of chicken each, a "Greek Salad" and "Aioli" dip. The chicken was dry and not well seasoned. The Aioli was from a bottle and did not even have the faintest taste of garlic. The Greek Salad was a couple of leaves, a bit of red onion and half a tomato soaked in a horrible dressing.

The Chicken Schnitzel was tiny and tasteless too. The "Island Style Chicken Liver" was not seasoned at all and served on a bed of fried onions still soaked in frying oil.
And we paid $ 96.50 for the privilege - that is without alcoholic drinks as the place is BYO.

The main business it seems is Take Away kebabs. And this is what this place actually is - A take away that wants to be a restaurant but has no clue how to do it.

Mind you, there was a constant stream of customers for Take Away and when we left there was quite a number of table occupied. That can only mean that all the other customers had the same issue as we had - not finding another place to eat, or they do not know what real Greek food should taste like.

Never again!

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Perth, Australia
“Best souvlaki in Perth!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

If you are looking for a souvlaki, particularly if you have ever had the likes of Lamb of Chapel and Stalactites in Melbourne, then this is the place in Perth for you. While I am new to the city, I am yet to find one better. Delicious lamb and very friendly service.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Expensive...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My partner had cravings for some of those little greek white biscuity things late on Saturday afternoon, so off we went to Mykonos. I'd been there 5-6 years back for lunch with a bunch of mates and enjoyed it.

We (3) were after the biscuity things (their name escapes me now) and a drink. All of the sweet treats on display looked pretty good, but hmmm, they seem a little pricey. $3.50 for a lady finger. That can't be just for one I thought. Perhaps I'll get 2 or 3 for that price. Anyway, we ordered a cappucino, a tea, a 600ml bottle of ginger beer, a lady finger, two of the white biscuity things and one other thing (baklava?). Total price was $28.

While the coffee was nice and the sweets were OK too, $28 seems a little steep! And I only got 1 lady finger. I made it last 3 bites and chewed very slowly... I imagine I will find better value elsewhere.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perth, West Australia
“A piece of Greece within walking distance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We have been there now about 5 times and have never had a bad meal or bad service. The food is great, atmosphere is really warming, and really good value for money.
We are most definitely going again and again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Needs a lot of work”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I love my greek and when its even done averagely its still pretty good. Being in Mt Lawley my partner and I decided on eating at a restaurant before heading home. We came across Mykonos and having a hankering for some Greek we thought we give it a go.

We where told to take a seat anywhere. When the waiter arrived to take our order I found it hard to understand him, it wasn't that he had a thick greek accent he just didn't ununciate well enough. We order the cheaper of the two banquates with an extra serve of Saganaki (Which it turned out was on the banquent but not described on the menu). The Saganaki was cooked to hot and for to short a period, it left the outside with a weird glazing and the inside was rubbery. Also there a slight tatse of fish demonstarting cross contamination.

The dips arrived wich were AOK but the flat bread used felt a little mass manufactured like it had been bought from the supermarket.

The meat tray arrived. Both the squid and the occtopus where far to rubbery for being cooked well. Also both the pork and chicken skewers where very dry. The only saving grace was the lamb which was OK.

Do yourself a favour and try another place.

• Visited August 2012