““Great Apartment”” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Suites Perth

You added Fraser Suites Perth to your Saves list
Fraser Suites Perth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6004, Australia (East Perth)   |
Offers & Announcements
Frasers Summer Fun
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Nottingham, United Kingdom
““Great Apartment””
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

It was a last minute decision to stay at Frasers Suites instead of the usual hotel on Adelaide Terrace. And after two-nights at the Suites, I’d say it was the right choice.

The suite that I stayed in was a spacious self-contained unit. The sitting area was generously sized so I didn’t feel cramped and claustrophobic like I normally do in a hotel room. I was lucky to get a unit that had windows facing the river, as well as a balcony facing the WACA! The quality of the furnishings, the toilet and toiletries were on par with any five-star hotel.

The facilities though are a mixed bag! The Gym is adequate but gets uncomfortably hot during the day when its full-length windows catch the sun! The F&B outlets are mostly empty, I suspect, because of the poor location.

Overall Fraser Suites is excellent value for money – which is a rarity for Perth.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Allison E, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear liz p,

Thank you for your review about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you felt your last minute decision was the right choice and we are glad that you chose to stay with us. We have made some changes to our food and beverage offerings which have been received well recently and I hope that you would be able to make it back to Perth to experience them.

Allison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed here the week before Easter and was very impressed with this hotel. Nicely apointed rooms, friendly staff and the bus stop right in front or across the road is a bonus.
We had complimentary car parking which is terrific for Perth.
We just left the car and travelled by bus. No charge for inner city trips.
The lobby area is very spacious with a nice bar area that served us great hot chocolate in the afternoon.
Breakfast was adequate.
Good business hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear StormgirlA1,

I thank you for your review about your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I shall be passing on your feedback to the rest of our team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites.

sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Really could not fault this hotel concierge met us on arrival. We had a great room on level 18
Selected romance package champagne really nice. Breakfast was ok more suited to the health conscious
Nothing was too much trouble I left my phone in the room but was unsure if I had really done so phoned hotel and they sent someone up to look
Close to bus stop to CBD free within city limited and of course there r the cat buses.
Great city and hotel would return

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Allison E, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear samsonSydney,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites the next time you are in Perth.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is one of the best Business Hotel in Perth, Wifi is good in all areas in the hotel and its free. The gym and pool also good. room spacious and modern. Food needs improvement, I believe the food is over priced and the taste just average. Breakfast is ok, but I would not pay the price unless its come with the room package.
Location is a bit further away from the City center.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Carl989,

Thank you for your review about your stay. I am glad to hear that you think that we are one of the best business hotel in Perth and I thank you for this statement. I am sorry to hear though that you did not enjoy our food offering, we have recently changed the offering for both breakfast and dinner and we have had generally positive feedback about this.

BNE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed in one-bedroom deluxe suite. Nicely appointed room with huge bed. Separate lounge a bit dingy with no windows which left a disappointing lack if natural light. I think they should just remove the arbitrary wall between the two rooms and sell it as a studio. Great breakfast with lots of options. Lovely staff who shared good knowledge of the city. Top spot.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to one of the upper floor rooms for great views over the Swan River on the Southe...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Cams_T,

I thank you for your review about your stay. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy our One Bedroom Deluxe apartment which are located on our lower floors. We have recently changed our breakfast offering and happy to hear that you enjoyed this. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Perth.

Port Hedland, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We booked a stay for a long weekend and because there was a special on took a one bedroom deluxe apartment. First warning...whilst you do have a separate lounge area, the apartment feels very narrow, and when the bedroom door is closed it feels quite claustrophobic.

On arrival at 8:30pm, we drove straight round to the car park and had to spend 5 minutes convincing the person on the end of the phone that we were staying at the hotel, and we're willing to pay for the parking ( even though it was free with our booking).

We have stayed at the hotel lots of times, and at most hotels when you are a returning customer they welcome you back. Here, It seemed like the person checking me in was reading off a piece of paper with no emotion, and explained where the car park was (???...I was already in it), where the restaurant was and various other items, whilst I just wanted to get to my room. Also at the check in, we were told we had been re-allocated to a different room (which didn't bother me), but I did ask whether the crib and high chair we had arranged at time of booking was in the new room. "Don't worry, it should be there but I'll call housekeeping now to make sure". We arrived in our room to find neither items there, and us with a 10 month old that had been sleeping, but was now getting restless. After waiting for 20 mins, we phoned down to reception who promised to look into it. At this stage our child had moved to being awake, so when the crib arrived 5mins later, he was not happy. Lots of screaming later, we finally managed to get a bit of sleep.

The next morning, we had to phone down again for the Highchair which still hadn't arrived, but came pretty quickly after the call.

This is the reason I prebook all of these items, so that I don't have to keep phoning reception for items.

The rest of the hotel was good as always, but the first nights service left a bitter taste. We travel to Perth quite often and stay at the Fraser Suites most times, but I think after this experience it might be time to try another hotel. The service is just not what is expected at a 5 star establishment.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Bruman77,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the service provided to you on your arrival and the first night was not to our standards and for that I apologise. I shall be working with our operations team to ensure that we are delivering the standards expected from our guests in terms of service delivery and efficiency.

Mariusz
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife, son and I stayed at the Fraser Suites for a week and were impressed by the overall service. The rooms were great as it is only a year or so old, the service was good and the location was close to cafés and parks but not quite in the centre of town which we liked. We were initially in a room but after having issues with our dishwasher we were generously upgraded to a one bedroom suite that included a washer, drier and a a separate bedroom to put the baby to sleep. The breakfasts were also good.
Some people complain in previous reviews about the noise next door with the construction of apartment blocks. The building is quite sound proof but you do hear some noises from 7am onwards. If you are a light sleeper just ask to be on the other side of the hotel near Adelaide Terrace. I am a light sleeper but the construction didn't really bother me as I was awake by 7am.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear LeylandBrothers,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that we were able to accommodate you suitably after the issue with your dishwasher in your first room. I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites the next time you are back in Perth.

Mariusz

Been to Fraser Suites Perth? Share your experiences!