“Great rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Suites Perth

You added Fraser Suites Perth to your Saves list
Fraser Suites Perth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6004, Australia (East Perth)   |
Offers & Announcements
Frasers Summer Fun
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Perth
Melbourne, Australia
“Great rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for 3 nights. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite with comfortable twin beds. The room was spacious, clean and very comfortable with a large bathroom. All staff at the hotel were professional, friendly and accommodating. Check in and check out were both very straightforward.

There was an initial mix up with the bedding configuration we had booked but this was resolved quickly and easily. My only criticism would be that a couple of times housekeeping knocked on the door when the “Do Not Disturb” light was turned on.

The location was perfect for us, as we were going to a function at the Grand Hyatt but didn’t want to pay their prices. I expect our room was both newer and larger than what we would have stayed in there anyway. We also had easy access to the Swan Valley after walking to pick up a hire car for a day.

I will be staying here again when returning to Perth.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for such a lovely review. I will pass on your feedback to all our staff as I am sure they will be pleased to hear that the service they provide doesn’t go unnoticed. I have however reiterated to all our housekeeping staff the importance of observing the Do Not Disturb light when illuminated to ensure our guests are not disturbed. My apologies that this did occur during your stay.
I am pleased to hear that overall you did enjoy your stay with us

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The hotel is well positioned, cloce to most amenities, bus stop to city across the road, WACA a few minutes walk, and the Swan River also a few minutes walk.
The room we stayed in was a one of the smaller 'bed-sitter' rooms as part of an adjoining one bedroom room, that seemed to be either too warm or too cold, it was difficult to get a reasonable temperature in the room, which led to poor sleep due to the room being too cold or too hot and stuffy.
The pricing was high compared to other hotels I had previously stayed in, in Perth and looking at $29 for breakfast on top of $700/night plus wanting $25/hour for a late checkout after 11:00am.

Look elsewhere for value.

Room Tip: High room on the SE corner give views of the Swan River and WACA. Free bus across the road from hot...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I appreciated the laundry machine and dishwashing machine in the enormous suite at this property. The suite was really spacious. However, it lacked some basics, such as a pen or any desk supplies for the workspace (there was a pen in the bedroom, but shouldn't there be one at the desk?).

The one problem I had was that I used the clothes iron to iron a white dress shirt I needed for a meeting, and the iron apparently had something melted onto it from a prior guest. I didn't notice this until I placed the iron on the shirt and lifted it to find giant black stains on the white cotton.

I neglected to mention this to the manager until the next morning when I was leaving (early!) for the airport, so they didn't really have a chance to do anything to make up for it. I did inform them that I was headed to Fraser Suites in Sydney next, so we'll see if there's any outreach or follow up. I should have raised while still on site, but I just didn't get around to it til I was leaving.

Overall, a nice property (except for the iron).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. My apologies for the incident with your iron. I do believe that our Rooms Division Manager - Michael did make contact with you via email in regards to this to offer a form of compensation however was fixed through our internal laundering service at our sister property – Fraser Suites Sydney. I have passed onto our Executive Housekeeper your feedback with regards to the amenities in the suites to ensure that our standards are maintained at all times in the replenishing of our items.
Thank you again and I do hope the next time you are traveling to Perth we see you back with us again.
tasmania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I first stayed at Fraser just after they opened and while the 1 bedroom was very pleasant, it was obvious that the reception and restaurant still had a way to go. This time i booked a studio and requested high floor and quiet side. Both of these requests were met. The studio was pleasant and the kitchenette was a handy addition. It had basic equipment for 2 and a microwave so if you want to warm up your chinese takeaway this will suffice. There was no toaster so dont plan on putting together a big breakfast.
This time the restaurant was fully functioning. Breakfast was excellent. Plenty of choice and really tasty. The restaurant area is very pleasant with modern decor that makes the most of the walls of glass. There is an outside terrace as well. If you are not eating in then you will be in for a walk or taxi ride to dine out. Head up towards the Hyatt as there are a few good options around this area.
Surroundings - others have mentioned that it is a bit out of town. I didnt find that an issue as the free bus runs nearby. There is a lovely park across the road and lots of walking along the river. Fraser suites are also very close to the WACA sports ground.
Reception area is still a bottleneck and checkin seems to take ages but at least the customer service attitude has improved and while I wouldnt call all the staff friendly, they are mostly professional and courteous.
This is not a cheap accommodation option and I would expect wifi to be included at this rate but I would return because I find the apartments are well decorated and lots of light, quiet, pleasant views, opening windows, low noise from other guests, excellent bathrooms and comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor to get best views. Rear of hotel sunnier and quieter but views not as good
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for writing such a lovely review and I am very pleased to hear that you had returned to stay with us again after your first visit. We always try our best to ensure we meet the requests our guests have so it is very pleasing to hear that we were able to for your stay with us. Our Rooms Division Manager has been working with our Reception Staff with constant training on customer service so we are always improving in this area. My apologies that you were not advised that we do have complimentary Wi-Fi available throughout the entire hotel and also is a standard when staying at any Fraser’s Property worldwide. I will ensure that our reception staff are advising all our guests upon check-in of this service.
Thank you again and I do hope to see you back with us when next you are staying in Perth.
Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The suites are exactly as you see them on their website. 5 star Apart-hotel. They are in a great location to walk into Central Perth (approx 30 mins from the suites to the other end of the city) Overlooking the Swan River in one direction & The WACA Park in the other (Western Austrailia Cricket Association) We personally experienced a couple of issues, but theses were professionally dealt with & thanks must go to Rikki, the duty manager at the time of our slight glitches or perhaps teething problems, after all I believe these suites have only recently opened. Excellent leisure facility's. Great place to stay all round. We will return.

Room Tip: Some Corner Suites have a balcony - On request & if available.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing such a glowing review. Our hotel is in I believe the best location in Perth. Great views over the Swan River and for the cricket fans a great location to be able to sit back and watch a game. Being situated in the free transit zone makes it very easy for our guests to travel into the city however to return back to the peaceful surrounds of East Perth all within 5-10 minutes each way. I will be sure to pass onto Ricky your feedback with regards to his service in which I am sure he will be pleased to hear.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back with us next time you are in Perth.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel looks nice.Rooms are comfortable.But the room service is AWFUL!The breakfast tasted [--] and was very expensive for such poor service they offer.It is not 5 star for sure.i called 3 times to room service in the morning until I finally was transferred.yoghurt was not fresh.milk was cold.portions are very small.if I pay 30$ for breakfast,I have to receive the quality.but it's not about Fraser Suites.

• Stayed October 2013
Mariusz T, Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Oxana123
Many thanks for your recent review on your stay with us at Fraser Suites. It was concerning to read about your experience with regards to our breakfast offering and also the service provided by our room service team as we normally receive such positive feedback in this area. I have passed on your feedback to our chef for his investigation. I would like the opportunity if possible to discuss this with you personally. When convenient please feel free to contact my office directly.
Thank you again for your review and I do sincerely hope that we do see you back with us again when next you are travelling to Perth.
Take care and kind regards
West London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We are staying in one of their more compact rooms with a kitchenette. Unfortunately we only have one bowl. Multiple requests with reception for a second bowl so that we can eat breakfast together instead of one at a time falls on deaf ears. Tomorrow i leave my partner for the rest of the week. We shall see if we get to have our final breakfast together... I don't think it will happen.

The rooms are beautifully done with windows that actually open which is a welcome change to air conditioned cells. And the restaurant/room service is reasonably priced for Perth and yummy.

The gym is extremely well kitted out. I don't think I've ever seen a hotel gym with so much choice. It's practically a full sized gym. Which is great for longer stays.

The restaurant and bar staff have all been fabulous and polite and happy to help. It's just repeated reception staff failings that lower their ratings.

• Stayed October 2013
Many thanks for your review from you stay with us in October. Firstly I would like to apologise for the inconsistency within your with regards to your crockery and cutlery. We are currently reviewing our par levels with regards to these items to ensure there is sufficient in all suites for the maximum number of guests allowed per suite. I have had our Housekeeping Manager ensure that our housekeeping team are ensuring that all these items are maintained at the appropriate levels. Again, my apologies that this was missed in your suite and also that your requests were not followed through by our staff. We always receive such positive feedback with regards to our hotel gym. It is fitted with state of the art equipment so I am pleased to hear that you were able to make use of this area. I will also be sure to pass on your feedback with regards to our restaurant and menu items to our chef and team as I am sure they will be pleased to hear of your feedback.
Thank you again and I do hope that we have the opportunity to see you back with us when next you are staying in Perth.

Been to Fraser Suites Perth? Share your experiences!