“A nice modern addition to the dreary Perth hotel choices” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Suites Perth

Save Saved
You added Fraser Suites Perth to your Saves list
Fraser Suites Perth
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6004, Australia (East Perth)   |
Special Offer
Winter Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 57 hotels in Perth
sydney
“A nice modern addition to the dreary Perth hotel choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night in a studio room and thought it was a really comfortable stay. I have been coming to Perth for work for years and it is fair to say that Perth lacks new, fresh, modern hotels. This place, despite being slightly out of the CBD is a good option, the room service was delicious, and the service was fantastic. I used the gym too, which had all new equipment, again a nice change for Perth. Would recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bernard T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear hookedontravel85,
Thank you ever so much for your favourable review and comments posted.

Indeed delighted to know that you have enjoyed our facilities and services. Much as we are at the start of CBD, I am happy to let you know that we are still within the Free Transit Zone where all travels on board public buses are free and to the end of town, is a mere 7 minutes away. If you may have time for a nice casual stroll, City Centre is but 15minutes away.

We are delighted to inform you that we have bicycles available for our guests for a nice ride down the riverside for the sunset.

Certainly look forward to your continued patronage.

337 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Indonesian first
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been to this hotel twice this year and I am very pleased with service and amenities as well as the room. The staff are professional and helpful and the room is huge. The kitchen is a bonus so you don't have to venture too far for a quick meal and the free basement parking is extremely convenient. I will definitely be coming back soon. It's definitely the best hotel I have stayed in, in Perth. Even better than the newly refurbished Crown in Burswood not because of cost but because of the size of the room and the personalised service you receive.

Room Tip: One bedroom deluxe or executive. Room 1906 on the 19th floor is the best.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jason S,
Thank you indeed for the favourable posted review and comments.
We are delighted to know of your continured patronage and you were happy with the service levels.
We certainly look forward to your onward stays with us.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We have just stayed at the hotel. The room and view is fabulous, however, value for money was quite poor. We have stayed and worked in many 5* hotels and resorts, and this hotel just misses the mark in the basics. No mini bar, no room service after 9pm, room service we did get was wrong twice. Bartender did not know what Jaegermeister was! We will not be returning, there are many hotels in Perth city with better value for money for a one night stay where FIFO workers can pay top dollar on accommodation, drinks and food.

Dear Alyce28red,
We are indeed regretful to learn of your experience in your recent stay.
As we speak, we are currently reviewing our F&B aspect and will be bringing out some changes by March.
I hope to be able to meet with your goodself and prehaps, be given the opportunity to redeem your initial perception.
Do let me know if you may be in Perth.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night due the week. Was blown away with the standard of finish of the reception and rooms. The gym was great as well as the pool but you can tell is a brand new hotel it has some major things that are in real need of being sorted.
I found the menu of a BASIC pub fare in my eyes a real shame because the place certainly has the right clientele to be doing nice high end food. Had tried to use the room phone to no avail a few times
I really hope these issues are attended to it has the potential to be a leader in the Perth scene.

Dear Happychefoz,
Thank you for your posted review and comments.
Whilst we are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay, we note and will bring on board your recommendations.
- Menu. Will are currently reviewing this aspect and hope to be rolling out a revised by March.
- Room phone. All of our phones are cordless and it might have been the case of a loose AC
mains connectivity.
Once again, sincerely appreciative of your recommendations.
We certainly look forward to receiving you back and I'd be delighted to be provided the opportunity to meet with you.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I travel to Perth every month for business, and this is the first time I have stayed at Fraser Suites. Accommodation in general for Perth is incredibly over priced, however I got a great deal on WOTIF for this trip. Very impressed overall, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, and went out of their way to ensure we had all we needed. The choice at breakfast was great, food hot and fresh, and coffee made to order. Gym equipment good, towels and cold water provided. Didnt use the lap pool, but it looked clean and inviting. They have a couple of bikes available through reception, and these were great for early morning excercise. Rooms are huge, beds very comfortable, and bathrooms large. I would have liked the air con to go lower than 20, but that is my only real complaint. It was 41 every dsay I was in Perth, so difficult to stay cool in that heat. The rooms would certainly benefit from some information about the Property - rooms, facilities, restaurant, internet etc, etc.

Room Tip: Requested a room with a bath on check-in, and this seemed no problem. Rooms at the front of buildin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bernard T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Fiona S,
Thank you for continued patronage with us and most of all taking the time in providing your review and comments on your recent stay.
It is indeed heartening to know that you have enjoyed our facilities and services. Well noted on your preference for the airconditioning to be lowered in view of Perth's recent blistering heat.
Do apologise on the information booklet as we have just removed them from the rooms for an update. It should be completed in a week's time.
We certainly look forward to your return visit.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

As a fan of the Sydney Fraser Suites, I arrived at the new Fraser Suites in Perth expecting to have a no fuss, great, comfortable stay.
Unfortunately this was not the case.
The rooms are lovely and modern, as you would expect for a new hotel charging considerabley high rates.
The service was atrocious. On several occasions I rang concierge, room service, and reception and had my call go unanswered.
The rooms had no information about facilities or in room dining etc and had to be requested. There is no mini bar and the location of the hotel, on the outskirts of the CBD makes it difficult to get any food/groceries for the apartment facilities.
Many of the staff were unfriendly and unhelpful. I asked for them to call me a taxi on one occasion and they suggested I wait out on the street.
I appreciate this is a new hotel and still learning from their mistakes but it's really not up to standard of the chain.

Dear SaraHugo,
Thank you for the posted review and comments.
It is indeed regretful to learn that you did not have the expected service in your recent stay with us.
I would hope to be able to understand more in depth your encounters and hope to discuss it further and be given the opportunity to make amends.
Do let me know an opportune time.
Port Hedland, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed last year not long after he hotel opened, for 1 night.
The actual hotel was very nice, very clean and modern, which is the only reason I haven't given a "Poor" or "Terrible" rating.
As others have mentioned, we were very surprised at the lack of service, and the lack of standard extras you would expect even in a 3-4 star hotel.
The front desk lady was friendly, but nervous, as her manager was standing over her shoulder and watching like a hawk. It took ages to check in, even though we were the only people in the hotel. We had booked and paid already through Wotif.com, but still had to pay a pretty steep $500 credit card charge/bond for incidentals. In my experience at other hotels, including 5 star hotels, these charges have usually been between $100 - $300. Be aware that when you leave, it takes over a day, sometimes 3, for this $500 charge to be refunded to your credit card.
When we got to our room, only one of our door keys worked. The room was very nice, the bed very comfy. Very modern, but not practical at all. The modern design of the bathroom looked great, but there was no bench space for toiletries. Nowhere to rest your hairdryer or makeup other than on the toilet. It took my boyfriend a couple of minutes to work out how to flush the toilet too lol. Nowhere to hang towels either. The mini bar was empty, there was zero information in the room about the hotel, about Perth, room service or the seemingly non-existent restaurant, or about anything. The phone didn't work. Not or reception, not, for concierge, nor for room service or housekeeping. The same message was left on each extension, saying they were unavailable. Despite being annoyed at the money we had spent and the let down of service, we actually started to laugh and joke that it was a fake hotel, and we might not be able to get out of our rooms when we tried, and that we would be kidnapped over night. It was just so deserted, and in such a quiet area, with no link to the outside world. Given that this hotel is on the edge of the CBD, and not a short walk to cafes or restaurants, I don't think it should have been opened to customers paying a 5 star price, until their room service or restaurant was sorted. I would recommend Pan Pacific, the Hyatt, or Parmelia Hilton over this Hotel. Huge potential, but needs to get their act together.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bernard T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear HK19,
Thank you for taking the time to pen your staying experience last year when we first opened.
I offer no excuses for the opening glitches in October but delighted to inform that we have addressed the problems of the onset.
Do allow me to invite you and boyfriend back and we'd be delighted to showcase the difference from then.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards.

Been to Fraser Suites Perth? Share your experiences!